cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN not working on TalkTalk Hub version SG4K100130

Awaterhouse929292
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

I have a router that is known for having problems connecting to the VPN of my business. Can I have a new router please so I can connect to my business?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi

the router firmware is correctly set and our network colleague has checked the router.  Whilst the router will work with the majority of VPN clients and protocols, we cannot guarantee it will work with all clients.

You can try to change the DNS in the router to use google DNS, but this is not guaranteed to help. 

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Awaterhouse929292
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 23

Sonicwall Global VPN client. Its sporadic when the VPN connects or not when on talktalk.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hi

What VPN Client / Program are you using ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Awaterhouse929292
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 23

Still not working guys

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi Awaterhouse929292

The firmware has now updated, please can you retest?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi

I've asked a network colleague to apply a fix to your router for VPN to see if this helps.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Awaterhouse929292
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 23

I've received the router and its been working better than before but the last couple of days its been impossible to work on my VPN. Are there any other fixes?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi

it's on the way.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

yes please

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi.

If the VPN is actually connecting then the firmware should be correct, if the connection is intermittent then this could be the router itself. Would you like me to send a replacement ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Have done that and still the same intermittent connectivity.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi Awaterhouse929292

Your router has updated to the correct firmware version which should work ok with VPN.

Can you try factory resetting your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Its still a problem

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if the VPN connection is now working ok?

Thanks

Message 15 of 23

Hi

Should be done now, please test the VPN to make sure all is working now.

I'll also drop you a PM.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Hi

I'll push the update now, only take a few minutes.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Sure I do have a meeting at 3pm though

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi Awaterhouse929292

Thank you. Will it be ok if I make a change to your router firmware this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Awaterhouse929292
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 23

hi ive added my number to my profile now

Message 20 of 23

Hi Awaterhouse929292

If you log into My Account then your TalkTalk landline number should show there.

If you can't see the number in My Account then please add your account number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes