cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN wont connect after firmware update

Andy1989
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Recently switched back to my TalkTalk router after my Netgear one died. I work from home and rely on a VPN connection to do my work. It work fine for a while, then I guess the router picked up a firmware update, and now it won't connect. Iv been told my a number of my colleagues to post on here and someone can replace my router firmware with one that works!

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K100136

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

How has your connection been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Hi

just to echo the advice from my colleagues, resetting the router will not affect the firmware or vpn. If you have wifi optimisation turned off or any special port forwarding rules set up, these would need to be re-entered, but firmware will remain the same.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

A reset won't affect your firmware version either. 

0 Likes

Andy1989
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

They want me to do a full reset. Not just a reboot. Has the VPN fix installed last year been applied to all firmware now? If so, a simple update after resetting will ensure I can connect to the VPN again. Current software version is SG4K100174

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

Rebooting the router will not affect the firmware version. 

0 Likes

Andy1989
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

@Karl-TalkTalk 

We are having intermittent speed issues, and the online chat at TalkTalk are recommending resetting my router. Will resetting the router loose the you installed last year?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi

Glad the VPN works now.  This is also something we have fed back via our management teams.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Andy1989
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Works now, thanks Karl.

You might want to get this VPN issue on to the scrips the people on the live chat read from. They were a total waste of time and eventually told me to it was my or my work's issue, and had nothing to do with TalkTalk. 

Message 9 of 13

Hi

I've updated the router firmware, see if this helps with the VPN.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

They won't call you, it is just for id purposes. They will respond back here on this thread; 

0 Likes

Andy1989
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Done. Landline isn't plugged in, so if you need to call use my mobile please

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

The support team here can look into this for you, but you need to make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes