cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi fi from router very low

Gordon1946
Team Player
Private Message
Message 35 of 35

My router is showing a download speed of 16.5 being received but I am only able to get 7.6 on wireless ipad and laptop and 6.2 on a test wired laptop.

Spent 90 minutes on chat to support who kept telling me I was receiving the expected download. Finished no further on than i was using the automated troubleshooter the day before.

On Friday speeds were OK (16.5) on Saturday dropped to 10; Sunday onwards 8.

I have checked for local congestion on the wifi channels using Metageek Inssider and changed to lowest used but no difference. Any suggestions.

Gordon

Gordon 1946
0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi Gordon1946

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and the predicted speed for the line is showing between 15.2 and 13.7mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 12.3mb.

Your line is currently in sync at 14.4mb. This is within the predicted range for your line.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

Thank you Chris.

Form completed

Gordon 1946

Message 3 of 35

Hi Gordon,

I'll send you a new link to the form

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

Support through the forum is online only, @Gordon1946.

Your telephone number is only used for identification purposes.

You can reach Talktalk directly in the ways described on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

The same security checks would need to be passed. Perhaps it would be simpler if your wife could sign in to the community herself and then staff can communicate directly with her as she is the account holder.

Staff will have finished for today. Back in the morning!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

Hi Chris,

We have set up a telephone password and tried to access the Security Form again but the system won’t let us.

Can you provide a direct telephone line number for my wife to contact you or do you want to ring us on the landline or her mobile.

Gordon 1946
0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Hi Gordon,

We would need to either speak to the account holder or you would need to choose the non-account holder option on the form and provide the requested characters from the telephone enquiry password -  (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Setting-up-your-telephone-password/ta-p/2205212)

Thanks 
Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Hi Chris,

just filled form in but seems had to be in account holders details, my wife.

Account set up in her name because of my previous employment and personal identity risks attached to it.

if you want my details I can do it again.

Gordon 1946
0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

Hi Gordon,

Have you seen the PM from Debbie?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

Hi Debbie,

now home for rest of day, I think!

Gordon 1946
0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

Hi Gordon1946

Thanks for your reply.

I can see that the sync speed hasn't increased.

I'm just sending you a Private Message so I can check the predicted speed range for the line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Hi Debbie,

sorry for delay in replying, been gardening.

Yes router is in test socket. 

Gordon 1946

Message 12 of 35

Hi Gordon1946

Is the router at the test socket at the moment?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Hi Debbie,

The router has maintained a download speed of 15mb since it was installed. It appears to have rebooted 2 days ago but still maintained that speed.

speed at equipment is showing as 13.5mb.

Still not returned to the previous download speed of 16.5.

Have router set to least congested local Wi-Fi channel.

Gordon 1946
0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Hi Gordon1946

How's the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Router received and installed 12:30 pm. Had difficulty getting a connection which turned out to be a possible faulty lead in the box. Put lead off previous router on and got a connection.

Router showing download speed of 15mbs and still getting 13.2 on my equipment.

will see how it goes over next few days, as I know it will have to stabilise the connection.

many thanks for your speedy attention.

Gordon 1946
0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

Thank you.

Gordon 1946
0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Hi

A router is on the way for testing.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Yes please it could help resolve problem.

Gordon 1946
0 Likes