cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi connection keeps dropping and reconnecting

Veiled
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi everyone,

I am having some issues with my Wifi as it keeps on dropping and reconnecting atleast 10 times today. I have done speedtest on Talktalk and I am getting 3mbps while I am on Fibre 65 and used to get speeds over 55mbps.

I have raised a fault the reference number is below. The fault tracker page says we need to talk with you please contact our team.

Fault reference number

REP-12832474

I would appreciate if you can help me with the situation as it is not reliable for use.

Regards,

Veiled

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

Glad the speeds have returned to normal levels.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi again Karl,

I have received the new router and did a speedtest on it. This seem to be working fine with no issues, the speeds are back to acceptable levels, I guess my old router was causing the issue after all these years it gave up.

I will observe but so far so good.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 11

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Thanks everyone. I will give it a go with the new wifi hub and see how that one goes.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Veiled

Line tests are clear, so no visible issues.

I've a new router on the way so this can be ruled out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 11

I'll ask TalkTalk to deal with this on their return. There is a skeleton staff tomorrow, or it may not be until Tuesday.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 11

Hi Keith,

The status turns orange beeps then orange/white and white again.

I have unplugged the master socket and reconnected have no disconnections today but my speeds is terrible 8mbps should be around 55mbps. I will wait for further replies.

Regards,

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

When this happens, what is the status of the light on the front of the router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks Skynet, let me try reach the live chat that you provided if not will give customer services a call.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Veiled,

The Support Team on this community probably won't be around until Monday / Tuesday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the Support Team here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you still need them.