cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi signal dropping out

crystalbobby
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi Talk Talk

My wifi is constantly dropping out more and more and we find ourselves having to reset the router at least a couple of times a week. Its getting very frustrating, especially as my partner works from home.  We have a couple of hard wired devices and they are always ok. 

Hardware : FAST5364 3.00

Software : SG4K100130

Is it possible to have a replacement sent out especially if you have a newer model as we've had this router at least 2 years ?

Please help and thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi crystalbobby,

You'll need to send the Sagemcom back, did you receive a returns bag with the new router? If not then we can send one out to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Talk Talk

This new Huawei router has been performing well the last 10 days or so with no drop outs at all on the latest firmware. 

Do you need us to send the old Sagemcom router back to you guys or can we keep it as a spare ?

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi

Glad the Team could help.  Please let us know if there are any further issues.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Debbie

Ok thanks to yourselves and Keith for this, I can see the firmware update in the logs at 8am ish this morning. 

Will monitor for another week, but no further 'kernel panic' alerts since the update today.

Thanks again for the prompt response. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi crystalbobby

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

You need firmware V1.06 to correct this, I'll ask TalkTalk to do this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 13

Hi,

New router received and tested for a week. 

So far the wi-fi connection is much more stable, however there have been a number of errors of the type below :

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

Can you give any advise on the error and also advise if you wish us to return the old router and accessories ??

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi crystalbobby

Thanks for your reply.

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 13

Hi Debbie

That would be fantastic, the current router is really not behaving itself with regards to Wifi. 

Please advise if you require any further details. 

Thanks

Message 10 of 13

Hi crystalbobby

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

crystalbobby
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Keith, thanks for the response and have seen your updates similar to this before.

However already we have already tried switching channels and rebooting regularly and get the same issues. Also the environment has not changed and nearly all devices use the 5Ghz band. Will await a response from Talk Talk with regards to swapping out the router. 

Thanks again.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

The Sagemcom is a current router.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?