cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

go live delay

reddemonic
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hello all, my TalkTalk broadband was supposed to go live on 4th January 2022, but due to something wrong on the local exchanges then they delay to 6th January 2022 and now they just email me saying it will delay until 10th January 2022.
what is going on. fixing its not hard at all, it's not rocket science....

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Alan, 

You'll be billed from the date your service goes live with us. Please let us know if you have any further questions following Gliwmaeden2 advice.

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 22

If money was taken from your  bank account today, that's about the right lead in time for a bill received on the 15th, for Direct Debit payments. 

It should only cover from when you actually went live and for the month ahead. 

You should be able to see all details itemised in your My Account, @reddemonic.

You may be entitled to automatic compensation for the delay to the start of your service  - if so, it will take at least a month to show in My Account:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

You can either leave it there to cover some of the next bill, or move the money to your bank account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

reddemonic
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 22

hi, i don't understand my bill, my internet went live on the 15th, and it was supposed to go went on 4th. do i get billed on 4th or 15th?

i got billed today as i have checked on my bank account and my next bill is 15th. 

thanks

Alan

0 Likes

reddemonic
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 22

we are live! thank you guys. take care 👏

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

OK thanks, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

reddemonic
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 22

a Openreach engineer is currently in my living room 😌

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi reddemonic

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve, another appointment has been booked for this afternoon (13:00-18:00) to complete the task, apologies again for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

reddemonic
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 22

i just called talktalk, the representative told me i need to call them back around 1pm tomorrow for a update. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

nothing has changed, can you check if they've left any notes? the talktalk representative even told me its definitely going live today.  😕

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi

I can see the appointment has gone ahead for today, and we should be able to check tomorrow to see if notes have ben added to the order.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

reddemonic
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 22

called TalkTalk and they say Openreach is still working on it. i don't think its to do with covid. when someone say covid its usually an excuse. i don't have high hope they can get it working at all.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 22

Do let us know.

0 Likes

reddemonic
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 22

they've booked another engineer appointment for 12th January. i doubt anything will happen and doubt any one will visit the exchange or me.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 22

It is a poor message and smacks of automation. And is probably designed to cover a multitude of eventualities. My guess would be the same as suggested previously, staff shortages exacerbated by Covid. If you have the necessary qualifications and expertise I am sure they would welcome your help.

0 Likes

reddemonic
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 22

just received a new message saying "Openreach have advised they've encountered a problem that may delay your services going live. We're working with them to progress your order as soon as possible. We'll get in touch as we receive further updates."

exactly the same message as the 4th and 6th January appointments. if i have the authority to access the exchanges myself i probably can fix it in within a hour.

is it possible if you can ask what is the problem they are facing?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

It is a PM appointment which is 1pm-6pm so there's still time yet. 

Chris

0 Likes

reddemonic
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 22

doesn't look promising today, i doubt anyone working at the exchanges and its already 3.14pm.  😞

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 22

Hi reddemonic,

Thanks for answering the security questions. As you've said, the two Openreach engineers that have attended have found an issue with line which is stopping them completing the task and this has now been reappointed for Monday to complete the further work required. I'm sorry about the delay but hopefully the issue will be resolved on Monday

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

@reddemonic sure it's not rocket science, however with so many staff with every company in the UK off due to the ongoing pandemic, things just may be taking a little younger than normal.