cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

need a new router

nannyogg
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi, have had the same Talk Talk router for years, and it doesn't seem to be working well, broadband drops out, phones and internet radios  can't connect for WifI etc etc  Is there any chance we can have a replacement please?   We have tried all the "turn it off, wait, turn it back on again" etc routine for the router and all the things that connect - please may we have a replacement?

Many thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Thanks Michelle sorry for slow reply - have got the new router installed and it seems to be working far better than the old one - no drop-outs on Internet radio so far  🙂   Much appreciated the help and no quibble replacement, am having the old router collected by the Post Office tomorrow morning.

Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Morning,

How are you getting on, do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 14

If you remove the "pull up" panel on the router, the label on the rear of the router will look something like this:-

SagemcomSagemcom

or this if you have the Huawei hub:-

HuaweiHuawei

Use these details from your own hub.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 14

cheers Keith - I reckoned you'd be the first to answer lol. Re the "logging in" I did use the stuff on the back of the router but it still didn't like it 😄   but if we're safe, we're safe and that's all that matters.  *thumbs up*

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

That is all that is required, there is nothing more to do.

When you try to login to the router, you do not want to use the wireless credentials but the router username & password on the rear of the router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 7 of 14

Hi Debbie

Got the new TalkTalk hub safely,  have just joined computer(s) to it via ethernet cable.  Do we have to do anything else? it finds the internet OK, our mobiles can find the wifi link and we can connect them via putting the password in.

Just worried I am missing something and the PC's on our little network of three won't be protected as we  don't seem to have to put a password in anywhere?

If I put the router details in on the TalkTalk login page (managed to find router IP address) it won't login as it says the details off the back of the router are wrong?

Just concerned that we aren't particularly secure

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi nannyogg

How are you getting on, have you received the new router?

Message 9 of 14

Message 10 of 14

thanks for the reply Keith - will see what the new router does, if it works any better

Message 11 of 14

Thanks Debbie - will let you know if it sorts things out - have a had an email from Yodel to say it's on its way

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi nannyogg

I have ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

What make/model of TalkTalk router do you have currently?

Keith