cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

social tariff

harvey7
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi I have been with TalkTalk for many years now but have only just found out that people on disability benefits, like myself can apply for the lower cost 'social tariff' whilst keeping the same package. Please could you give me details of this please?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

I mean "including calls" which is not exactly a bad deal for £27

I just hope that this will continue after my present contract expires in 6 months ?

ie) "No price rise for vulnerable customers" - and Yes I am registered as a vulnerable customer with TT

Message 2 of 11

@Weevie 

Do you mean "+ calls" as stated, if so how much extra? If you mean including calls then you won't find a tariff elsewhere, social or otherwise, remotely as cheap as you have now. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

@TexasmikeThanks - but how does a non-speaker actually contact LOYALTY DEPARTMENT ?

In the past - I have used LIVE CHAT who claim to be LOYALTY

I have resorted to using CEO department in the last few years,  to obtain a good discount (£27 per month for 65Mbps + calls)

0 Likes

Texasmike
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

TalkTalk does not yet offer a social tariff, but Ofcom is pressurising them to introduce such a tariff and it is expected to be introduced soon, not only because of Ofcom pressure but it is a very competitive market. If you are loyal customer speak to the Loyalty Department and use it as part of the haggling system, you need to do every renewal. Don't talk to those idiots in Manilla as they have no authority to haggle. Moreover, you will get so exhausted with Manilla it may promulgate you into changing broadband and other packages. I get to the stage that I am not haggling anymore and say I will leave. I have hung up the phone, but they got back to me eventually.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Weevie

Some Broadband providers offer a ‘Social Tariff’ to customers on Universal Credit, which is a cheaper price, but may be for the lowest available speed. TalkTalk don’t offer a ‘Social Tariff’ as our Financially Vulnerable policy supports customers in different ways to suit their needs, while keeping the broadband speed they need.

If you are struggling to pay speak to the payment customer support team. 

Thank you.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 11

@Weevie 

Do you have a source for that? From what I have seen, Ofcom can do no more than "encourage" providers with this. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

No Weevie  - just the ongoing offer via Jobcentre. Nothing else.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

@Arne-TalkTalk @ferguson 

I understand that OFCOM are involved and will force TalkTalk to provide a cheaper social tarriff - if TT do not offer one themselves

Any update yet ?

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi @harvey7

We are still working on the details of the social tariffs at the moment.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

TalkTalk do not offer a social tariff as of yet.