cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

talktalk router 5GHz issues

DrWig
Team Player
Private Message
Message 42 of 42

I've got the latest (I think) talk talk router, but I'm having issues with the 5GHz bit of it!  Some of my chromecasts lose being able to be seen by the home app (although work fine when I give them commands) and my amazon firestick often has quality issues.  Rebooting the router often fixes things for a short time, and then the problems come back...

To cut a long story short, I've narrowed down the issue to the 5GHz SSID of my talk talk router.  I actually use another router as an access point somewhere else in our house, too, and it's only the 5g TalkTalk router that has issues.  It works fine with laptops, but we've often had issues with some phones as well. 

I've now moved my talktalk router 5g to a different SSID so I can explicitly choose which devices use it and it's solved all my issues.  However, it's a little odd that so many devices don't like my talktalk router's version of 5g connection.

Has anyone else had similar issues?  Is my router faulty, or is it just a bit rubbish at 5g?

cheers

Bruce

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 41 of 42

Hi

Some devices do have issues with wifi SSID's being the same across both bands and as technology progresses improvements will be made.  Some of the older devices may still see issues, and I've had this with a 2nd generation chromecast using an Asus router, but do not have the same issue with a new GoogleTV with the same router.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes