cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

When will the TalkTalk Mail app on Android become available?

10 REPLIES 10
Whizz Kid

I've noticed that on the Google Play Store, there's a new TalkTalk Mail app currently under Beta testing, with early access for some users.

I'm excited about this new app and want to use it ASAP, so is there a release date or a set timescale for when this app will be available to download and use for everyone?

Many thanks.

Anisa Khalifa
Community Star

The TalkTalk Mail app can be installed now if your phone is compatible (Android 4.4W and newer).

Details in the Help page TalkTalk Mail for Android.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Star

Hi an1sa_k 

Have you successfully registered to trial the TalkTalk Mail app?  It is fully functional and works well.  Well worth using.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi an1sa_k,  It’s in testing phase at the moment, a note is going to go on Google Play Store shortly. I'll let you know more when I hear more. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Whizz Kid

@Gondola Unfortunately not. The Google Play Store displays this message, instead of the usual 'Install' button; "The early access programme is currently full. Space may open up later". 

I guess I'll have to wait until it's released to the public to be able to use it. 

@OCE_Ady Thanks. 

Anisa Khalifa
Community Star

The 'early access...full' message was unexpected. I've just selected the app via another android 'phone that hasn't previously installed the app and I don't see the message...

At what point does the message appear?

Maybe it depends on the android version that's detected?  i.e. the developers may have enough testers for a particular version?  

Whizz Kid

@Gondola Weird. Having enough testers for a particular Android version is probably the case with the phone I'm currently using.

The message appears on the app information page. 

IMG_20200120_155738.jpg

I'll have a look on my other Android to see if it receives the same message. 

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team - TT Staff

I don't think it will be too long before it's released. The business has now published comms to staff so that they don't have to go through the process I did to find out what is happening. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Whizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Ady @Gondola 

Any updates on this?

Still shows that same message for me on all my phones.

Anisa Khalifa
Community Star

Hi an1sa_k 

I've not been given any update about the TalkTalk Mail app moving from the development phase to a full release version.

I haven't seen the 'staff comms' mentioned by Ady so if that did give a background to what's happening it's obviously not for general release.

The app is based on the OpenXchange release version.  When I did have the TalkTalk Mail app in use (I don't currently) it was working ok.  Seems long overdue for release.

Whizz Kid

@Gondola @OCE_Ady Any latest updates on this? Is the release of this app still going ahead?

I no longer see the app listed on the Google Play Store at all. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Anisa Khalifa