email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant log out of email account

yammy
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

I can not seem to log out of my email account when using my iPad.

Other iPad and kindle fire log out correctly, is the a problem with the latest IOS?

i know what i want to happen, but it rarely does
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Yammy, it looks like the other members have got this in hand for you. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

I have accessed e.mail successfully at Safari > TalkTalk Mail on five iPads, iOS v9.3.5, iOS v12.4.9 and iPadOS v14.2 and none have faltered in any way @yammy, so I do not think it is the OS, or an OS update, that can be a fault. However, checking that everything is up to date is always worthwhile!

I am aware that the log out icon is located very much in the top right edge of the active display! Do you normally use fingers to navigate? You might care to try a stylus!

Have you considered using a different browser, or rotating the iPad 90°, so that the application displays portrait; or vice versa?

Safari TalkTalk Mail Portrait #2.jpg

When repeated efforts at logging-out formally prove to be ineffectual, and the count down log out display ....................

Safari TalkTalk Mail Portrait #1.jpg

............ does not appear, what do you actually do?

~R.

Message 3 of 11

Hi yammy 

Normally you'd get directed to a page that advises you've been successfully signed out. If you do see any other message that that would be of interest.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 11

hi, sorry about delay in replying, I can access the sign out icons but when clicked they don't always actually log me out of account, that is my problem. Sorry if I misled you, at the moment it's behaving again, but maybe, if it does it again I will get a screenshot of message etc.

thanks for your help though

regards

Yammy

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Yammy, you're in safe hands with Gondola. Please let us know if you need more help with this. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 11

Hi yammy 

TalkTalk Mail is compatible with Safari but full compatibility is tested for Safari (10.01 & 10.03; Mac OS X only). See the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub and Fixing (Problems).

Sign out

The Sign out icon is normally on the top right blue header bar.  If you don't see the sign out icon, a big right facing arrowhead, then select the main Settings icon, the triple line icon on the header bar. If the browser happens to have selected its mobile mode then the main settings icon is a cog wheel. A menu should appear and at the bottom is a Sign out menu item.

Menu options - Menu 05Aug2020

Message 7 of 11

Hi

As far as I know it probably is, I cannot  check right now as other half is out with it as it's her device. It has updated recently so I am guessing that's the OS as I came with iOS 13

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 8 of 11

:
@yammy wrote

I can not seem to log out of my email account when using my iPad.

Other iPad and kindle fire  ................ is the a problem with the latest IOS?

Are you referencing iPadOS v14.2 yammy?

~R.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

ok

in was in the emails using safari on the ipad.

I normally log out of the emails by clicking a.button on the menu bar and selecting the log out option.

Up until rec this has worked ok. I logged.into my emails on a kindle fire hd and an older ipad and was able to log out  normally.

It is only on the newer ipad, which has recently gone to the latest operating system.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @yammy 

Some extra explanation from you might be helpful. For example, you're talking about log out of TalkTalk Mail when using an Internet browser like Safari or when using Apple Mail as an email client?

Tell us how you normally log out on your other iPad for example.