cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email access via apps after ending contract

BobDT
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi. If I close my broadband/ telephone contract with TalkTalk can I retain access to all my existing mailboxes (all xxxxx@dsl.pipex.com)  through my email apps (and not just through the web interface)? I understand there will be a fee for that, but I am not sure if it restricts me to only using the web interface rather than via POP3 access in my existing email clients on desktop and mobile. I need full access to send and receive emails using my email clients.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Don't worry. You'll have plenty of time to get around to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus at either £5 per month, or £50 per year as an annual payment, by UK bank direct debit.

Mailboxes will stay working exactly as they do now as long as there are no more than 5 master mailbox addresses.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

BobDT
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Gondola

So in-between me cancelling the contract (and waiting for the MyAccount to become inactive) and being invited to TalkTalk MailPlus I assume that I would still be able to get access to the emails? Otherwise how would I get invited to sign up to MailPlus? Would there be a period during which I would not have email access at all? Is it guaranteed that I would get full access to the emails after cancellation? What is the fee for MailPlus?

I have so many accounts linked to these addresses, but I am moving and there is already broadband at the new location.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi Bob

When you leave TalkTalk you'll normally be invited to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus. You'll not be able to subscribe for any mailbox that is linked to an active TalkTalk customer MyAccount so it has to wait until the customer MyAccount is inactive before the verification for a MailPlus subscription will be accepted.

The subscription to TalkTalk MailPlus will allow you to retain full access via webmail and POP3 or IMAP email clients and email apps for up to 5 mailboxes. NB Pipex mailboxes are the ones that have master addresses but you can still use pipex alias addresses linked to the master pipex mailbox(es).

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes