cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

D-Link 3782 Firmware Update

talkneveragain
Chatterbox

Why are talktalk passing this router onto new customers knowing that it’s on the list of hackable routers and requires a fix immediately? I have had a right go at talktalk they are unwilling to change router to home hub even tough its only a few days out of them introducing it and its more secure. So it confirms the fact they don’t care about customers at all. I will take my case further and last year i renew contract. i feel conned. oh and they got my old router back. which they said they would take money of my bill for if not returned. then i find out they should not have had it returned.  NOT GOOD AT ALL

Peter-Allen
First Timer

@talkneveragain You think that's bad we have had 3 of them sent out to fix what we have known to be a line fault that talktalk won't fix. But it gets worse, they were to send out an engineer but then charged us 60 quid because they didn't send out them out (we know they never turned up because i had to take off work to stay in all day and never left the house). Leaving talktalk soon but not soon enough...

Peter-Allen
First Timer

@talkneveragain You think that's bad we have had 3 of them sent out to fix what we have known to be a line fault that talktalk won't fix. But it gets worse, they were to send out an engineer but then charged us 60 quid because they didn't send out them out (we know they never turned up because i had to take off work to stay in all day and never left the house). Leaving talktalk soon but not soon enough...

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor

Would be really nice if TalkTalk's OCE's could give an update on the current status of this elusive update?

( I have a sneaky suspicion that the 3782 may not be supported for much longer and the 633 and hub become the only currently supported options )

Going back to a 633 is not really an option for me unless TalkTalk can guarantee that they have now gotten over the issue with the 633 where uploading data can stop the router downloading at the same time as this causes all sorts of grief when I work from home.

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

Still no update on the D-Link 3782 firmware? Is it still being tested? Any timescale on when it will be released? Still on V1.08t.

Anisa Khalifa
an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

My Dlink App? Is there an app you can use?

Anisa Khalifa
harbledown
Conversation Starter

If you search on the D-Link UK site for the DSL-3782 nothing comes up. So, I assume support has ended.

garytastic
Conversation Starter

I asked a few weeks ago if an update was still going to be rolled out now that they have the new superhub on the scene, This is the reply I got.

"Firmware updates will still be pushed to existing routers. 

Our teams have been finalizing the firmware and testing this with Openreach to ensure it meets their standards before it is allowed to be used across their network.  When this has been completed and signed off then the team will look at starting an update campaign"

harbledown
Conversation Starter

"Firmware updates will still be pushed to existing routers"

Is this only for TalkTalk users? If not, how do non-TalkTalk owners get the downloads because, as I said, I couldn't find any support on the D-Link website.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @harbledown

From the way I read your post, I assume that you are not a TalkTalk customer. The TalkTalk variant of the DSL-3782 has its firmware updates directly from TalkTalk, so if you are not a TalkTalk customer & have the D-Link variant of the DSL-3782, you need to contact D-Link about this.

If the DSL-3782 is no longer listed in the support section of the D-Link website, then there is nothing TalkTalk can do to help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

harbledown
Conversation Starter

I am a TalkTalk customer.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Your recent post was rather confusing, I hope this addresses your concerns. You do not have a problem, so long as your 3782 is the TalkTalk variant. If you should for some reason have the D-Link variant then my comments about contacting D-Link still hold.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

harbledown
Conversation Starter

Sorry for the confusion. I'll give you the whole story!

I have had a trhread going in Fibre Broadband about regular drops in internet. I have an HG633 router at present and OCE suggested I try the 3782. It arrived last week and has TalkTalk written on it. However, I saw elsewhwre that the 3782 does not support VPN, which I need. I tested the router and couldn't get the VPN connection to work.

I saw in the forums that the update for the 3782 might be able to allow VPN and that's why I'm posting in this forum and why I went on to the D-Link site. Are you saying that TalkTalk produce their own firmware updates? If so, how long are they likely to do so?

In the meantime I have posted back in the Fibre Broadband section to say that I have received the 3782 but that I don't want it because of lack of VPN.

It seems the general view in the forums is that the HG635 is a better router anyway but the COE say they can't let me have that model.

KeithFrench
Community Star

First off you cannot load any firmware from D-Link on the TalkTalk variant of the 3782. There has been talk of a VPN capable update, but as yet it has not been released. When it is released, then it will be automatically applied to your 3782. When the release date will be, is beyond the control of a customer like myself.

The HG635 was discontinued some while ago & since V2.00 firmware was released for the HG633, that has made big improvements to the WiFi, providing of course you do not have any underlying problems with WiFi generally in your locality. That said I can often help to resolve them.

If you want any further help then please PM me with a link to your current thread.

Keith

harbledown
Conversation Starter

Hi Keith

Where is the link to send a PM? The notes say there should be an envelope at the top of the page but I can't see one.

iamisaid
Super Duper Contributor

Select your Avatar and you will see envelope to the left.

harbledown
Conversation Starter

Sorry to be so dim but when I select the avatar I see a box and at the bottom it says Send Message. I clicked on that and a page came up which showed Private Message but I couldn't see the facility to type or send a message.

I certainly saw no envelope.

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

I suspect you may be on the wrong avatar @harbledown, try top / right ......

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 18.27.30.png

harbledown
Conversation Starter

Already tried the top one. This is what I see

Capture.PNG

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @harbledown

It could well be that you have not made enough posts to have PMs enabled as yet. Just put a link to your thread in this one.

Keith