Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Below Guaranteed Minimum

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

I placed an order for Faster Fibre with speed boost - email confirmation said guaranteed minimum of 50Mbps. Broadband went live on 29th April and about an hour later I got an email saying my boost was removed. I live chatted and they readded it but I think they've only added it to my bill as my speed has never been above 30Mbps. I need this resolving and to get the speed I'm paying for.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @TheJacksons193 your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account.

Are you using wired or wireless for your speedtests? Wireless will always be slower.

Have you tried disconnecting your router for 30 minutes then restart?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @Divsec - I've added the number now, in case they don't see it there though its edited. I have tried both wired and wireless and both max out at 30Mbps

Have not yet tried the 30 minute power cycle, will have to try that but cant really until this evening 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi TheJacksons193,

I'm really sorry for the delay and I'm just taking a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks good. Have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested again as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed?

Thanks