cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Upload speeds now struggling…

ukbeachbum
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 36

Last week I had a fault with my broadband that caused my download speed to grind down to almost nothing. The fault was reported and it’s now back to normal, but my upload speeds are now about half of what they were. They’ve normally been around 8Mbs, but are now around 4Mbs.

I’ve restarted the router a number of times, even left it off over night. It’s been on for a couple of days now with no improvement. Something must have been changed when the engineer fixed my original fault. Can you check things on your end and get my upload speeds back to normal?

Thanks

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 21 of 36

Hi

wifi can be affected by things around you, other wifi signals etc, also some wifi channels can be better than others, so always good to try other channels.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 36

Yes, I can test it wired, but that’s not how I normally access it, and I was previously getting upload speeds of around 8Mbs over Wi-Fi.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 36

Hi

is it possible to test wired to the router as wifi will always be a little lower.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 36

This is tested over Wi-Fi about 20 feet from the router.

Just now.Just now.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 36

Hi

profile is currently set at 40/10, so this looks correct.

Upload speed estimate for the line is 7-8, can you run a speed test as Sam Knows Speedtest  and tell me what this reports.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 26 of 36

Hi,

So how’re things looking this morning? My upload speeds still seem to be below what they were and what’s expected.

Any suggestions?

thanks

ian

0 Likes

Message 27 of 36

Hi

If the line remains error free, DLM will raise the profile in increments until it finds a balance between speed and stability.

If after 48hrs, and there is no improvement, providing the line tests are clear, we can take this to Openreach and request that DLM is changed to improve the speed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 28 of 36

So I should leave the router on in the hopes that the speed will change once the line is proven to be stable, and I don’t want to turn it off to reset the connection, yes?

I have some work video calls coming up this week and I’m a little worried about the slower upload speeds affecting the quality of the call from my end.

Thanks

Ian

0 Likes

Message 29 of 36

Good morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and there is no change as yet, however it can sometimes take up to 48-72hrs for DLM to make changes to the speed if the connection remains stable. We'll re-check the connection stats tomorrow.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 30 of 36

Of course. I'll leave it as is until I hear from you.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 36

Thank you. Would it be possible to keep the router connected to the test socket for now and I will check the connection stats again first thing in the morning to see if DLM has made any changes to the upload sync speed?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 36

My mistake. I found it and retested the line. Downloads still around 34, and Uploads just over 5Mbs, but I think they should be closer to 8.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 36

Hi,

Thank you for confirming. I can see that upload speed hasn't increased. The 5C socket should have a test socket. I've included a Help Guide below,

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 34 of 36

My master socket, an OpenReach 5C, does not have a test socket.

I’ve run multiple speed tests, through Wi-Fi and wired connections, all come back with a download speed around 34-35Mbs (which is where I would expect it), but my UPLOAD speeds might clip 5Mbs at the very beginning of the test, but quickly go down and very jerkily hover between 3Mbs and 4.5 Mbs, and this is the issue I’d like addressed.

Isn’t there a way you can see these results on your end?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 35 of 36

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router directly at the test socket please so we can re-check the connection stats again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes