cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre dropping every day since July 2nd (Exhall exchange)

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Popular Poster

We have been up and down in our area since the early hours of 2nd July.

It is currently down and residents have been putting comments on the local Facebook page with regular updates. It must be an exchange problem as we are all on different providers (BT, EE, Sky, Talktalk).

My problem is with the text support for Talktalk. He said there was no reported problems in our area and that I should not trust a Google search Facebook group but rather go through the checks on my line. Are these support staff serious?

The Facebook group is specifically for residents in my area. Everyone is down right now and it full of comments from various providers. We are not making this up!

We are saying there is a general issue in our area and Talktalk says they have the Openreach tools and they say there are no problems in our area - are they kidding? Of course there are issues (my Internet is down right now and I am using a hot spot to connect).

I sent the facebook link to the text support member and he just brushed it to one side and said I should not rely on a Google search but rather go through the steps with him to fix my own problem. Incredible.

BT are sending out 4G mini hubs to their customers in this area so they can keep working - do Talktalk provide such a service for its customers? Probably not.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi crazyal

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

OK Debbie. Let's see what they say.

Highlighted

Hi crazyal

Our Network Team have confirmed that there is an issue showing at your exchange. Further updates should be available later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

That's OK Debbie - I have now found an Internet provider that has BT updates every couple of hours on its website. They are giving me all the info I need.

Thanks

Alan

Highlighted

Hi Alan

If you run a service status check here (check service status in blue button)

This should now show that the issue is under investigation, apologies for the delays.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Alan

We have received an update from Openreach to advise that due to the severity of the damage to the cable, engineers remain onsite working through the remaining faults.

Further updates should now be showing on our service status page.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I see from another ISP status page that things have been fixed for now.

As a separate issue, how do I get hold of the new Talktalk router as I have the older version?

Apparently the new one gets some good comments around wi-fi coverage.

Highlighted

Hi crazyal,

if you're interested in our new wifi hub it can be purchased from our Accessories store. If you're out of contract and willing to re-contract you could try speaking to our loyalty team, they may be able to offer it at a discounted price

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I am interested in it, but it seems you think I should just be happy to hop off to the accessories store and buy it when I've been posting about how my service has been interrupted for over 3 days. 

Incredibly brazen of you I must say and clearly not able to read between the lines.

Highlighted

Hi crazyal,

I apologies if I've caused any offence but you asked me how you could get one and I've told you, I'm sorry but I can't send you this router free of charge.

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

OK fair enough. What can you offer it me for then, bearing in mind I was offered it for £60 3 months ago.

Highlighted

Hi

Give our Customer Loyalty teams a call and they can discuss options with you to help you find the best deal.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE