cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre speed boost issues (since I renewed my contract)

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Michelle.

Nothing got increased, this is the same speed I'm getting since the renewing of my contract (it was more than 55mbps before that and at the beginning of my old contract it was even near 70mbps for few months before the first router failed, but that's another story...).

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ViktorA,

I've requested an update from our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check this again.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Good morning Michelle, thanks a lot. I'll keep an eye over the thread and I'll bump it if needed.

Have a nice day 🙂

Highlighted
Highlighted

Hi ViktorA,

I've been advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi ViktorA,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

Highlighted

Hi VicktorA

Our network team have confirmed that they've booked the engineer visit for tomorrow 27/02 AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Hello guys, just an update after the engineer visit today. I wasn't home, but I talked with him on the phone and if I understood correctly (it was noisy around me) the broadband cable that came with the router was faulty so I found he moved it to the extension cable on which the router was before I've moved it to the test socket as adviced here by the OCEs (I really doubt that was the only issue), but now my sync speed is even better than before, even better than the first few months on my old contract where I was getting 72mbps sync speed. Actually it is more than the maximum sync speed the router is showing!

Downstream - Upstream
Actual Rate [Kbps]79448 - 19999
Maximum Rate [Kbps]78158 - 19999
Noise Margin [dB]0.00 - 6.00
Attenuation [dB]14.80 - 0.00
Power [dBm]12.50 - 5.30

So, I don't really know what he did, but the service is perfect now, I'll monitor what corrections the DLM will do the next few days and I'll update this thread 🙂

I also really want to say big thanks to the OCEs here that helped me, you were the last hope I had after the nightmare called customers support and I hope you'll be around for a long time helping us!

Highlighted

Hi ViktorA,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased 🙂

Thanks