Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Frequent Internet Drop outs since new Router

8 REPLIES 8
grother
Wizz Kid

Hi, for the last few weeks my internet seems unstable (not sure if this is a coincidence since having new router). If I turn the router off and on again it comes back but quite inconvenient. Is there anything you can do for me please.

Steve

KeithFrench
Community Star

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it) and what firmware version is it running?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

grother
Wizz Kid

1. Talk Talk WiFi Hub- I cant see a model number

2. Just one solid whiite light in the centre which remains solid throughout

3.Wired and wireless all drop out together

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi grother,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and I can see 1 recent re-connection on the line. Just to confirm, how often is the connection dropping at the moment? Does this happen on a few different devices?

Thanks

grother
Wizz Kid
Hi,its probably disconecting once a day or every other. Yes, it happens on my sons PS4, my main wired computer and a number of other devices connected by Wifi
Community Team

Hi grother,

Ok thanks for letting me know. I've checked and the router has the latest version of firmware. Do you have an alternative router that you could test with for 24hrs to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
grother
Wizz Kid
Hi, Tried to reply at 0953 but connection had gone again! Can you see anything happening at that time? Had to turn it off and on again. Going out on bike to enjoy teh sun for a few hours and will swap over to old router to try later. Thanks
Community Team

Hi grother,

Not that I can see. Please let us know how the stability compares over the weekend with the alternative router.

Thanks