would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

G.Fast rollout

3 REPLIES 3
ultim8um
Popular Poster

Hi,

Does anyone know if TalkTalk are restricting themselves to the trial areas still for G.Fast? I have been checking regularly now that my contract is up and both Openreach and BT say G.Fast is available to my property (I have read elsewhere that it is rolling out across a lot of Telford presently) however TalkTalk say no. Is there a delay between Openreach saying an area is available to implement G.Fast and TalkTalk accepting orders? I have checked elsewhere and several of the other major ISP's will sell me G.Fast based on my postcode and house number (which only a couple of weeks ago wasn't available to be fair but was on all the houses connected to the the next phone pole down the street e.g. next to the street cab!)...

Thanks,

Chris 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Chris,

Yes, if it's only just showing available from other ISPs then it's probably just a bit of a delay before it shows on our availability checker. I'd give it a couple more weeks and check again.

Chris

ultim8um
Popular Poster

Cheers Chris,

I really hope this is the case as I want to get upgraded as soon as I can! The houses at the end of my street have been flagged as being able to get G.Fast for the last month or two but still don't show as able to get G.Fast on your checker.

Thanks,

Chris

ultim8um
Popular Poster

@OCE_Chris Chris,

According to @OCE_Arne https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/GFast-availability-checker-is-wrong/td-p/2343700 you guys are only servicing the original G.Fast areas. This being the case I guess a few weeks will probably turn into a few months minimum and so I will probably have to go elsewhere sadly.

Thanks for the help over the years (ADSL sync issues originally).

Chris