Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG633 White List problem

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, a couple of years ago I reported a problem with adding new devices to the White List of our HG633. The original query and responses can be found here in the Archive. Subsequent firmware updates did not resolve the problem and we had to resort to dispensing with the White List, which is unsatisfactory.

We are now in the process of recontracting and considering an upgrade to the Sagem 5364 but would like to know if the above issue with the HG633 has been addressed and resolved by the firmware of the Sagem 5364?

Thank you

akaWooders (Phil)

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi akaWooders

We are not aware of this issue with the Sagemcom Wifi Hub. Would you like me to send this router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your reply and your offer to send a Sagem 5364 for evaluation.

We have read various reviews of this router and note the claim that it does not appear to support VPN connections. 

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/talktalk/1407420/talktalk-wi-fi-hub-review

If this is correct and it's not possible to connect to a VPN using a device connected to the router, the lack of VPN support will be a problem for us. Has this omission been addressed in current production versions of the 5364?

Thank you.

Regards

Highlighted

Hi akaWooders

Thanks for your reply.

The Sagemcom WIFI Hub should work ok with VPN. If you connect wireless and are experiencing issues connecting then we advise splitting the SSID's on the router.

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your reply and advice re splitting the SSIDs. We'd like to accept your offer to send the Sagemcom 5364 for evaluation, which I assume there would not be a charge for bearing in mind we had previously declined a replacement router in anticipation of the white list issue being resolved by a firmware update. I'd be grateful if you could please confirm.

Just for our info, does the 5364 support WPA3?

As previously mentioned, we are about to recontract and will probably take the Faster Fibre Speed Boost. We assume that this Boost will benefit from using the Sagemcom?

Thank you.

Regards

Phil

Highlighted

Hi

I'll get a sagemcom router out to you.

Currently our 2 WiFi Hub models will only support WPA & WPA2.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you, Karl. Much appreciated.

Regards

Phil

Highlighted
Solution

Hi Phil

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Will do Debbie and thanks for your help so far.

Regards

Phil

Highlighted