Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Home Move Fibre Not Gone Live

10 REPLIES 10
jameshuntley
Chatterbox

I recently used the Home Move system to order TalkTalk Fibre Broadband to my new address after having TalkTalk Fast Broadband at our old address.

Our go-live date was yesterday and we're still getting the same error message stating that we don't have permission to view this directory whenever we try and connect using the new network. 

I live-chatted support this morning and was told that our order is "stuck" between systems and that it's going to take 72 hours to get it resolved and get us live! When I pressed I was then told it can be anytime 'up to' 72 hours, but after ending the chat I recieved SMS confirmation of a scheduled callback being booked for me on Saturday the 16th at 1:00PM.

I work in app development and have no idea how an order could get 'stuck' between systems, even if there was an issue it definitely wouldn't take 72 hours to resolve, I had a look around the forum and it seems like this issue has happened before to other customers - this feels like an excuse and I'm extremely unhappy, both me and my partner rely on our broadband for work and we're due to run out of our personal hotspot allowances today, it looks as if the forum is a better source of help than live chat from what I've read so I've posted my issue here - I've added all the information I have to my private notes, although my TalkTalk landline number is showing as disconnected on MyAccount due to the move, and I can't obtain my order number for the new order as my order tracker is no longer working 'due to technical issues'.

Can anyone help? I believe I'm still in my cooling off period so I'll be contacting other providers shortly if I can't get an answer soon as I really can't go without internet access for days and weeks on end which other forum users have done by the looks of things. Thanks in advance. 

hosay299
Insightful One

@jameshuntley  i can say not the 1st time i have seen stuck order with talktalk seems to be a few ones in different ways

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Community Team

Hi @jameshuntley 

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

jameshuntley
Chatterbox

Thanks Arne. Hope you get to the bottom of it. 

Community Team

Hi @jameshuntley

The order is stuck at point of no return at Openreachs side, we have contacted them they have raised an order with their OPS team to fix this, they have advised us to check for an update on Monday (18th).

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused by this.

jameshuntley
Chatterbox

Morning Arne,

Any update on this? We got an SMS on Saturday letting me know that if we didn't contact TalkTalk within 7 days my order would be cancelled, my partner live-chatted support again and they didn't seem to know what was going on as the order team don't work weekends.

Cheers. 

jameshuntley
Chatterbox

Just tried getting and update on this through livechat and got the same copy and pasted response I got on the 13th - absolutely sick of this now can someone please let me know what's going on? I feel like just cancelling my order and getting the ball rolling with Virgin Media, the 72 hour lead time they've offered me feels like it may be faster than waiting for my issue to get resolved at this point. 

Thanks. 

hosay299
Insightful One

@OCE_Arne Any news 

@jameshuntley  if u do a @ then a pop up will show as that will alert people to a tag in the post as just tying will not get u any qick reply

also each time u post it push to u the bottom of the que so 2 post day mean u have moved 2 in the que.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Community Team

Hi @jameshuntley 

I will ask for an  update and get back to you. 

jameshuntley
Chatterbox

Hi @OCE_Arne 

Thanks, if you could let me know ASAP that would be great. 

Community Team

Hi 

Openreach have advised the next update is due on the 22nd, Sorry that this is still ongoing.