cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How can I apply to have my fibre upgraded to gfast?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Team Player

I have just had a new Talk Talk fibre connection activated. Can I apply to have it upgraded to gfast?

• I see that my property is served by gfast. I could have applied for that directly, but I chose not to, because gfast requires an engineer to enter the property, while ordinary broadband doesn't, so I had ordinary broadband connected in a couple of weeks, whereas I should have waited months for gfast.
  • I understand that the exact timing for a gfast installation is hard to estimate because it will depend on lockdown measures etc. However, can I apply now and wait in a queue, while continuing to have ordinary fibre broadband in the meanwhile?
  • I can't seem to find a way to apply for it online, and the call centre is always busy (I get it that they are dealing with more urgent matters than this one, so I'm not complaining about that - just stating a fact)

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi LondonFibreUser,

Apologies for the delay. Do you get the option to upgrade in My Account?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

No. 

If I go to my account, I don't see any option for gfast.

Nor if I go to offers and upgrades -> your offers and upgrades: I can add TV or an O2 mobile, but there is no option for gfast.

Highlighted

Hi

Thanks for your post. 

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at the availability for Gfast

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Done. I have added my TalkTalk landline and my mobile. Please don't call me on the landline as the property is still unoccupied. Thank you!
Highlighted

Hi LondonFibreUser

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Highlighted

Hi @LondonFibreUser

You are eligible to order Gfast,  and I can place the order for you. 

I need you to confirm some security questions so I have sent you a PM. 

Thanks