Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet Stops Working Midnight to 1am

Highlighted
Dpalmer
First Timer

I live in north Devon and have exactly the same issue. Cuts off at midnight and comes back at 1am! Read the whole thread. Saying I have internet and WiFi is working fine but not a single device can connect to it. It’s very frustrating! 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @Dpalmer

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new thread we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Dustym
Team Player
I have the same problem ! Only happens to me midnight Sunday for exactly 1 hour and has been going on for weeks. I have a thread here hoping for some help.......... no solution as yet
Highlighted
Trystrem
Team Player

So not a unique issue. 

Talk talk - why are you doing to resolve the issue?

its every Sunday midnight till 1am. Every Sunday. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

This is a difficult issue to pin down. All the usual line tests are clear and do not detect a fault.  all the network levels look fine with all voltage and resistance levels across the circuit exactly where they should be with no fluctuations visible.  There are no errors showing on the circuit, and checking the Openreach Yukon (DLM) logs at those times also shows no increase in errors.

Have you taken a look at the logs within the router at the times of the disconnection, do these show anything ?

Also, looking at your router remotely, I'm showing that memory and CPU utilisation are very high so I have a replacement Hub on the way just so we can take that out of the equation.

When the connection is lost do you have a wired device connected, and would you be able to run a ping and trace route and post the results of these.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Dustym
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Karl 

Not sure if your questions are address to me ?

However, will respond as follows....

Yes, I have had performance logs reviewed and analysed during the "dropout" period and there appeared to be no problem with my signal even though all my devices became "un-connected".

I have no wired devices

I have been supplied with and tested a new replacement router (it made no difference)

Happy to run a ping and trace route if you advise how this should be done (I'm not very techie savvy I'm afraid !)

The fact that different people around the country are experiencing this issue suggests that the solution is not a "localised" one ?

Cheers

Paul.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

My post was in answer to Trystrem, but if any customer affected could post a traceroute that would be helpful.  I would advise to run a traceroute during the day when things are fine, then run one when the connection fails for comparison.  Details of how to run can be found : 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Run-a-Ping-or-Traceroute/ta-p/2205368

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Dustym
Team Player
Thanks, will do
Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Trystrem
Team Player

Okay. 3rd router received promptly - thankyou. However 3rd router doesn’t work at this time either. 

How do do we proceed? To be honest I just want to cancel my contract now as I don’t seem to be getting anywhere. 

Highlighted
Trystrem
Team Player

PING

Ping has started…

PING www.google.com (62.24.138.17): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=0 ttl=252 time=6.886 ms

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=1 ttl=252 time=7.350 ms

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=2 ttl=252 time=6.980 ms

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=3 ttl=252 time=7.841 ms

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=4 ttl=252 time=6.772 ms

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=5 ttl=252 time=6.467 ms

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=6 ttl=252 time=6.808 ms

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=7 ttl=252 time=8.550 ms

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=8 ttl=252 time=6.365 ms

64 bytes from 62.24.138.17: icmp_seq=9 ttl=252 time=6.280 ms

--- www.google.com ping statistics ---

10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 6.280/7.030/8.550/0.673 ms

TRACER ROUTE

Traceroute has started…

traceroute: Warning: www.google.co.uk has multiple addresses; using 62.24.138.17

traceroute to www.google.co.uk (62.24.138.17), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets

1  ttrouter (192.168.1.1)  1.870 ms  1.721 ms  1.851 ms

2  * * *

3  62.24.138.26 (62.24.138.26)  6.716 ms  7.102 ms  6.028 ms

4  62.24.138.17 (62.24.138.17)  6.715 ms  7.185 ms  7.510 ms

Highlighted
Trystrem
Team Player
Also tried Ethernet connection and no joy.
Highlighted
Alexandra Madalina
First Timer

Same problem As well. 00:00 to 1:00 am never working.. how this can be solved?!

Highlighted
Alexandra Madalina
First Timer

@OCE_Michelle @OCE_Karl @OCE_Debbie how are you gonna solve this problem?

It's been 50 min whithout connection how, even though my router and checks shows that everything works good.

Highlighted
Alexandra Madalina
First Timer

@OCE_Michelle @OCE_Karl @OCE_Debbie  how you explain that at exactly 1:00 AM internet came back by itself? 00:00 to 1:00 AM no internet, and then exactly at 1:00 AM internet comes back..

Highlighted
Dustym
Team Player

Morning All

just to say, my connection was lost again from exactly 00:00 to 01:00.  I will post my trace reports tomorrow...… so frustrating, been reporting this issue for 5 or 6 weeks now and no further forward.

Highlighted
TommyD
Conversation Starter

This may be different than my issue taking a deeper look. This looks like a DNS issue to me. (Although I'm unsure how the superrouters report these connection issues, I don't use it).

The similarities are uncanny. I've reported my issue in a separate thread.

If it is the same thing : All line tests will return fine, internet works normally otherwise, engineer visits won't pick up anything.. Oh any my issue was first reported years ago.

Try setting your routers DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, reset it and try again. If you can't do that, try setting your laptop/PC to use the above DNS servers while this error is occurring.

Let me know how you get on. Although if it's the same as my issue, this won't work.

Thankfully the router I use can run tests while its disconnected to diagnose issues - the issue being reported from my end is DHCP issues on talktalks side (getting assigned a WAN IP address).

I believe the issue here is the IP lease time expiring on their end then failing to assign a new IP or refresh the lease.

@OCE_Michelle I'm assuming the wan DCHP lease time is set to 24 hours before its lease is refreshed?

Would explain the clockwork disconnections both here and for myself (and others).

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Trystrem,

Thank you, I'm still looking into this. Just to confirm, is this where the trace route ended?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Alexandra

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your TalkTalk telephone number. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Dustym,

Thank you. As soon as we have your pings and traces then we can also pass this over.

Thanks