Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet dropping out

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Mickycod

Line test has picked still up a fault. 

If Our network team need access times and dates to arrange an engineer visit, can you read and understand the following Engineer charges help page you will need to agree to this to allow us to book this.(as the fault was picked up with no equipment its very unlikely a charge will be applied.) 

Then if you can send me via a personal message on the community with the best available dates and times for you, Monday to Friday, either AM (8am tilll 1pm) or PM (1pm till 6pm) for the visit we will book this.

Thanks

Team Player

Thankyou Arne -Tuesday 28 May 0800-1300 ok

Team Player
Well I’m sad to say that two months since an engineer visit - which got my internet back on a steady 50mbps download it is now a pathetic 20mbps and the connection keeps dropping - this has been the case now for the last week! Not a happy bunny as the service I’m paying for is supposed to be fast fibre with the speed boost. Have rung talktalk but as yet they have not been back to me.
Help? Been with tiscali/talktalk since day one (15years+) bought the super router from them and have persevered but it’s starting to wear thin now! Help

Hi Mickycod

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a possible fault. Can I just check if your landline service is working ok when making calls? (any noise)

I can then escalate this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player
Thanks Debbie I’m starting to get very frustrated now because whoever is in touch is by text - asking about master socket and I’ve sent photos and now they are asking about a micro filter which you obviously do not need for this latest type of master socket. Feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall and Talktalk customer service is really shining once again!

Hi Mickycod

Apologies for this.

Is your landline service working ok? I can then escalate this fault to our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player
Hi Debbie apologies for not replying. Tried landline as asked and background noise of sssssssshhhhh haha but no crackle. Was informed by talktalk that an engineer was checking line and no access was required. That was Tuesday - have had no further contact and download speeds are still a pathetic 17 Mbps and internet still dropping out. Frustrated is an understatement and I don’t even know if anything is actually being done to rectify the situation?

Hi Mickycod

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then check for an update on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player
Reply sent Debbie, thankyou
Team Player
Reply sent, thankyou
Team Player

Reply sent to pm, thankyou 

Hi Mickycod

Apologies, I've not received the message, could you send this again?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

I have sent again. Replied to email I received in my personal e mail account 

Hi Mickycod

Please can you click on my Community Profile and there is an option there to send me a Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

I have sent again. Replied to email I received in my personal e mail account and to your community pm

Hi Mickycod

We don't receive these emails, please can you click on my Community Profile and there is an option there to send me a Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

I have done this Debbie and this is the message I get

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

Hi Mickycod

I've sent you a Private Message, can you reply to this message?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Eventually managed to send that to right place. Apologies Debbie