Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet offline in regular intervals

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
fva1992
First Timer

Hi,

I am posting in this forum as I – after almost three weeks without functioning internet in the flat I have moved into – have lost faith in your phone and chat customer service.

My problem is that my internet goes offline late every evening (from around midnight but varying) until the next morning (sometimes 8am, sometimes later).

I have spent several hours talking to your customer service over phone and chat, had two engineer visits, and every single touch point I’ve had has been a disappointment. Every single time I need to explain my issue and I get asked questions that I have already answered.

Most recently, I spent 1h on the phone with your representative who informed me that the issue was certainly due to problems with the network outside of my property and that an engineer would therefore investigate at the exchange, ie no need to enter my property. A few days later, I was called by a seemingly confused engineer who told me he was ringing my doorbell as he needed to enter my property (I was not of course not home).

I have now been advised that the next step is for an engineer to visit my property, which I struggle to understand given (i) an engineer previously spent 3+ hrs in my property without success and (ii) I have been told by your representatives that the issue is not inside my property.

Can you please see if there is ANYTHING you can do on your side to fix this urgently. Otherwise I am reaching a stage where I would just like to cancel my contract and get on with my life as I am clearly not receiving anything near what I am paying for.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fva1992,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Could I just confirm, is it always at 12pm and does this happen every night? Do any of the lights change on the router when this happens? Is the voice service affected at the same time such as no dial tone?

Thanks

Highlighted
fva1992
First Timer

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

It is always late evening but I can't positively confirm it is exactly at 12pm and every night as I am often working late or travelling, so I am not monitoring my internet constantly. Yesterday it was certainly around 12pm and when I left my home at 8.30am it was still not working.

And yes, only the power light is permanently on. Others lights are blinking or off. I believe broadband and internet are fully off and wireless is blinking. Ethernet also off.

I can 'find' and connect to the wifi but I then get a message when opening my browser saying something like "Oops, we've noticed your that your TalkTalk router isn't connected to the internet".

Thanks,
Frederik

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Frederik

Can I just check if you have also tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
fva1992
First Timer

I have not. I was advised by your customer representative that the issue was not likely to be related to my router.

However, if this is a likely scenario, I would of course appreciate if the engineer who will be visiting on Wednesday can bring a replacement router. 

Please advise. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Frederik

If this is an Openreach visit then the engineer would not supply a router.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
fva1992
First Timer

Hi, yes please. 

However, again, given your colleagues - after detailed investigations - previously concluded that this was not likely to cause the issue, appreciate if you could also look into potential external causes of the issue.

Frederik

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Frederik

It may be worth waiting for the findings from the engineers investigations first if you already have an engineer visit arranged.

Thanks

Debbie