Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet speed update not affected

19 REPLIES 19
Danillo
First Timer

Hi, I recently updated my Internet speed from 39mbps to 61-73mbps (download). And I also bought the new router. So I received an email saying "We're currently processing your order for Faster Fibre Broadband. We will email you with any updates and you can also check your TalkTalk My Account for updates too." But I didn't got one, and also I have no information about the router that I bought with the Internet speed update.

I kept doing speed checks, and turning off the router for 30 mins and tuning back on didn't helped. 

Can someone please help me?

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @Danillo your post has been flagged for assistance, please update your community profile to include your phone line it is used to identify your account.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Danillo
First Timer

Thank you, I have now updated my profile.

Community Team

Hi Danillo

Apologies for the delay.

If your line was not in sync at the full 40mb before adding the fibre speed boost then the speed wont increase any further.

Thanks

Debbie

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Debbie @Danillo apologies for interference, does your reply mean that Danillo's order was cancelled and this info not passed or is there something else at play here?

D

Danillo
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Debbie @Divsec.

So, I had a plan of 40mbps download speed, it was working fine, no problems.

But on Friday the 10th of January, I bought a new plan of 70mbps download speed, together with the hub.

The problem is that my Internet download speed still reaching 40mbps maximum, and I have no information about the hub.

Community Team

Hi Danillo

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Danillo,

Thanks for the PM

When did you request the fibre speed boost? How did you request it?

Chris

Danillo
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Chris @OCE_Debbie  @Divsec  

Sorry for the inconvenience, but did someone managed to look into my problem?I haven't received any news for some time.

Also, my hub/router just arrived, thank you.

I don`t understand, on my account it says. "Estimated speed of 40mb"

And on my order confirmation email it says "Estimated speed of 75mb".

Divsec
Community Star
  • @Danillo thanks for the update on the router I think you will find the OCE team are awaiting response from you? This being the question yesterday.
Danillo
First Timer

Hi @Divsec ,thaks for answering.

I don't know what happened, but I replied to @OCE_Chris  yesterday.

However, I made my order on Friday, 10th of January. 

Using my phone I went to the TalkTalk mobile page, and there was a section called "TV, Broadband and Calls", I clicked on it and there was an option to buy the "Faster fibre boost" I bought it. I received the "order confirmation email" seconds after. But the "faster fibre boost" doesn't seem to be applied. 

I have checked my "line connection speed" and apparently my line speed supports 40mb+.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @Danillo thanks for that goods news is with your router arriving you know your order worked! Maybe a glitch on the boost but @OCE_Chris will get to the bottom of that for you.

D

Danillo
First Timer

Hi @Divsec 

The router arrived! I just tested it, and it seems to be working perfectly. I will be waiting for assistance on the boost. Thank you.

Community Team

Hi @Danillo

The boost has been applied, You speeds should increase in the next 24 hours. 

Regards

Danillo
First Timer

Alright, I did some testings and it hasn't changed yet. I will keep looking and waiting.

Thank you all for helping.

Community Team

Hi Danillo,

Sync speed is now 76.6Mbps 🙂

Chris

Danillo
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Chris 

I did some speed checks this morning and my upload speed increased to 20mb as expected. But my download speed stayed at 40mb maximum.

I will do more testings this afternoon to see if it changed.

Thank you.

Community Team

OK thanks. If you retest and there's no improvement can you switch your router off and leave it off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest 

Thanks

Chris

Danillo
First Timer

I did the 30 minutes thing and it worked. Both up and down speed are running as expected. Thank you @OCE_Chris 

Thank you all.

Community Team

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris