Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Live date. Amber flashing router.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Was supposed to go live today and my home hub router is still flashing orange. 

After a line check on the help page I was told to contact support but the chat is not currently available.

It did mention that there was an issue and that I should be able to do something to get myself set up. Not sure how I can go about this if the chat is not working.

I have an FTTC wall socket and have tried to connect the ethernet cable which made no difference. I also removed the faceplate and tried plugging the dsl filter in and linking to the routers broadband port. That also didn't help. 

What else can I do? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Due to go live today as well......I'm having exactly the same issues. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi

Curious - is your light just flashing Amber, or is it alternating between Amber and White?

I've been 'migrating' since Tuesday 24th morning and still have the blinking amber and white light with no internet 😣.  Apparently Openreach haven't completed my migration so I'm in limbo between my old Broadband provider who I'm still connected to, but don't have an active account anymore, and TalkTalk who I'm not connected to, but have an active account. 

Hopefully this isn't happening to you as well 🤞

Highlighted
First Timer

Yea I'm flashing amber/white. My BT broadband contract finished yesterday and my TalkTalk is due to start today. Is there a migration period? Any ideas how long this can be?  The Mrs is supposed to be working from home......but no broadband = no WIFI = no working from home. 

Highlighted
Participant

Same orange and white lights since go live on the 23rd, And this is after my migration which took 10 days, so no internet , tv or phone now for over 2 weeks 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

@mattb75 wrote:

Hi

Curious - is your light just flashing Amber, or is it alternating between Amber and White?

I've been 'migrating' since Tuesday 24th morning and still have the blinking amber and white light with no internet 😣.  Apparently Openreach haven't completed my migration so I'm in limbo between my old Broadband provider who I'm still connected to, but don't have an active account anymore, and TalkTalk who I'm not connected to, but have an active account. 

Hopefully this isn't happening to you as well 🤞

Hi matt. 

I have been waiting 14 days for the migration as I set up as soon as I moved to the property. 

Not seen the white and amber flashes yet, just Amber for me. Let's hope we are both up and running soon. Hotspotting to work has become very difficult this past week! 😣

Highlighted
Team Player

Fingers crossed - in the same position trying to hotspot with 2 workers and 2 kids trying to do video conference classrooms is a bit challenging on a Mobile hotspot!

Worryingly I've just come across this comment from @OCE_Arne  on another thread which suggests that there could be a delay in transfers as Openreach are prioritising fault fixing over new provisioning issues...

mattb75_0-1585257809294.png

I'm wondering if I can get BT to re-enable my account until openreach can implement the switch but no idea how I would go about getting them to do that!!

Highlighted
Chatterbox

My go live date is today (27th) and I too have the blue and amber flashing light (so I cannot use the internet) 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Griffc03,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Everyone else,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you all create your own thread and we'll get back to you all ASAP.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

@OCE_Michelle

Profile has been updated with information requested. 

Many thanks. 

Highlighted

Hi Griffc03,

Thank you and I'll take a look now.

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that router is not currently in sync. Do you have a dial tone? Have you tried factory resetting the router and then retesting this again?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

@OCE_Michelle

IMy router was unplugged this morning due to reshuffling the front room.

I did a factory reset yesterday and again just now. Amber light was solid for around 10 seconds and now it's currently back to flashing amber. 

I don't know about a dial tone as I do not have a house phone set up here and haven't for many years.

If you get an opportunity to sync the router now then that may be a big help. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi OCE Michelle

I have the same issues can you please help to solve this problem ?

Kind regards,

luz dary marin agudelo
Highlighted

Hi Griffc03,

Unfortunately we can't sync the router we can only test the line from here. Do you have a different router that you can test with?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

@OCE_Michelle

Unfortunately I don't have another router available but its good to know that the line is okay.

I will have to probably wait a couple of weeks to see if I can get some help on the chat service. 

I've only just moved to this property but I know the people before experienced no issues so imagine I need to change some of the router settings. 

I had an issue a while back and after changing settings within the router, I was able to connect to the internet. 

I'll scan Google in the mean time and see if I can find something to sort the issue. 

Thanks for your help though 🙂 

Highlighted

Hi

You should not need to change any router settings for it to sync.

as this is a new router and all tests are clear, we do have to ascertain if there is a dial tone.  

Are you able to obtain a handset from anywhere for testing, a friend or neighbour - observing social distancing of course.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Karl

Hi already have a handset connected into the line for a couple of days, it does work and I am able to make phone call but the internet still not working.

kind regards.

Luz

luz dary marin agudelo
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I actually have 2 ports in the house. After getting hold of a Land-line phone and testing downstairs I had no dial tone. Tried upstairs today and I did have one. I plugged in the router today after over 2 weeks and got the solid white light. May have been a delay in the crossover as I did try both ports. Either way..PROBLEM SOLVED! 

Highlighted

Hi Griffc03

Apologies for the delay.

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie