Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Router Welcome Pack

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I've signed up for faster fibre and have received a new router package. The contents list suggest that there should be 2 filters included, but there is only one. Do I really need to have 2? My current set up has two filters, one connected downstairs in between the house phone and the wall socket. The second is upstairs in our 'study' between the telephone wall socket and the router that is hardwired to our desktop computer. Before I start disconnecting existing router, any help would be most appreciated. Cheers 

IMG_20201025_153933.jpg

Highlighted
Philosopher

Use filters in the current positions, do not change anything.

The filter(s) in the box are only needed for new customers.

You could swap the old filter for the new one where you connect the router, but it should not be necessary.

Martin
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Thanks Martin
We've had the filters for a long time. I wasn't sure if, with fibre, we needed to change out the filters too.
Cheers
David
Highlighted
Philosopher

@DavidEast 

The new HUB is backwards compatible with your current service, so you can install it any time and set your devices to use the new WiFi network.

Hope the fibre upgrade goes smoothly, most do.

Once it is working do check your phone number is correct by dialing 17070, crossed lines are very rare but not unknown.

Martin
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi David,

Please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

@OCE_Michelle all sorted. Dead easy, just swapped out all of the leads from the back of the 'old' router and plugged into the new one. Couldn't be more straightforward

Cheers 

David 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE