cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New fibre customer not recieving "guaranteed speeds" !

Highlighted
Philosopher

@H2theb 

OFCOM do not handle individual complaints, that is done by CISAS/CEDR and only then after you have exhausted the ISP's process.

Cancel the DD at your peril, you'll be up against an automated system and it could cause you no end of grief.

What you need to do is get agreement that you can leave without penalty as per the Terms and Conditions available at the bottom of this page.

Martin
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie @OCE_Michelle  @OCE_Chris 

Can i please make an appointment for an engineer to come out asap?

Thanks

Francesca

Harley b
Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie @OCE_Michelle @OCE_Chris 

No response too booking an engineer appointment? No response as to why my line is syncing at 27.1mbs and not 67 mbs?

I want to cancel my services under the ofcom code of practice as my speeds are at least a third slower than that guaranteed at point of sale and no help has been given to resolve the issue. Who do I talk too?

Please do not ignore me as this whole conversation plus the live chat with your rude live chat agent is going to be posted on all your social network handles and im going to write a letter of complaint to your CEO's office. 

Harley b
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @H2theb Cancel your TalkTalk service has all the information you need the phone number is 03451720046

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Team Player

Cheers @Divsec 

Thanks for your help mate its a shame that @OCE_Debbie  @OCE_Michelle  who get paid to do their jobs isnt even 8% as helpful or polite.

Harley b
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi H2theb

We reply to posts oldest to newest, if there are new posts on your thread then this will delay the response.

Would you like me to arrange the engineer visit or raise a complaint?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @H2theb thanks for the kind words,but after 3years around here I have to disagree with you on the OCE as a team and individually, they are very good. Always polite and respectful and overworked.

Good luck getting sorted.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

I will apologise for my frustration but please understatand that as a new customer i feel lied too and disregarded.

If you can get an engineer out before the 30th then send the engineer, as I said if you can give me my guaranteed speeds by the 29th then happy days, no problem, you save me having to go through all this with Virgin!

If not then im going to cancel as im still within my 30 days ofcom code of practice cancellation period and obviously not going to pay for something im not recieving.

Thanks

Harley b
Highlighted

Hi H2theb

I completely understand and I am sorry for the delays.

Right lets get this engineer booked for you. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can book this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi H2theb

Thanks for confirming your details.

The engineer visit has been arranged for tomorrow 26/09 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Its 6:30pm and the engineer has not arrived, no phone call or contact of any kind since you "confirming" a time.

Can you explain this please?

Harley b
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Just to confirm that it is 19:30 and the engineer did not arrive.

Harley b
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @H2theb The team here work weekdays so it will be Monday at the earliest before the y can work out a what went wrong.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie @OCE_Michelle 

When you finally recieve this message can you please book me the next available MORNING slot for the engineer and guarantee that he will actually turn up this time or at least call me if there is a problem?

To be honest seems to me that I was lied to AGAIN!

It has now been nearly 80 hours since I have had a reply regarding the engineer not arriving and loosing a days wages. I have also sent @OCE_Debbie  a private message which has also been ignored.

I spent 2.5 hours on hold to the number that was sent via email with no response. The amount of time I have spent chasing your company is ridiculous.

WILL SOMEONE BOOK ME THE NEXT AVAILABLE MORNING ENGINEER APPOINTMENT PLEASE?

I repeat, this conversation is going to be posted on  trust pilot, google, emailed to your CEO's office, your twitter handle and every review board I can find to show the AWFUL service you give, how little you care about your NEW customers and to warn people not to make the same mistake I did.

I know you said that you respond to oldests post first but this becoming a joke on my expense.

Harley b
Highlighted

Hi H2theb

It appears that the engineer tried to call you on your mobile, did you receive a voicemail.

The appointment has now been arranged for 30/09/2020 AM (8am - 1pm)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Oh hi @OCE_Debbie do you think 5 days to respond to a customer service issue is acceptable?

You are blatently lying for the purpose of the thread, an engineer did not call or leave a voicemail, he was an absolute no show.

Nor did you help in anyway to rebook the appointment, I waited on hold for 3 hours yesterday and did it myself.

Not a single agent on here has been of any kind of help at all. This has been a complete waste of my time.

Harley b
Highlighted

Hi H2theb

We respond to posts on the Community oldest to newest, if you post on your thread multiple times then this would delay us reaching your thread.

The notes from Openreach advise that the engineer tried to call the mobile number we have registered for you x3 and advised VM left.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie 

I posted on Saturday and yesterday due to no reply so the oldest to newest is an excuse.

Are you now accusing me of lying?

No call from the enginner but I did recieve an email from talktalk apologising that the engineer missed the appointment with a number to rebook? 

Can I ask where your office is based please?

Harley b
Highlighted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like me to raise a complaint over to our CEO Team and ask them to contact you directly in regards to this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle @OCE_Debbie  @Divsec

Just an update after the engineer appointment.

He simply said that there is no fault and that my provider lied guaranteeing speeds of 67mbs.

Since my "go live" date 01/09/20 I have not recieved speeds higher than 28mbs this is due to being on 80/20 fibre on a high frequency when I need to be on 40/10 on a low frequency. 

The maximum speed that the bt wholesale broadband speed checker (which is available to everyone) provided was 46 and the lowest 30, on 40/10.

Talk Talk have completley lied to gain money.

Why was this check not done at point of sale?

Why did you lie regarding the download speeds?

Why have you consistantly tried making it out like it is my fault? 

How many people that are not so confident with technology have you done this to?

Why have your agents constantly lied to me during this whole conversation?

Why do you avoid answering direct questions?

I look forward to your speedy response! (Sarcasm)

Francesca Blight

Harley b