cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not hitting minimum guaranteed speeds...

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Team Player

I recently resolved a problem with very slow response when opening webpages, that was then resolved by someone at your end turning off “WiFi optimisation”. 

I have now renewed my subscription and was sent an email with Maximum, Typical and Minimum Guaranteed upload and download speeds.

I’m failing to receive the minimum speeds, in uploads or downloads.

Also, now that I’m working from home, I have an issue with painfully slow uploading large files, that, while They are uploading, my downloads also grind down to “painfully slow”.

I will attach an image of the email you sent, as well as recent speed tests. Can you please check things at your end and try and rectify this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I can see the speeds are low and the test has identified a possible line issue and RF Ingress.

Can you just check the home phone and tell me if the dial tone is clear or if you hear any noise on the line ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Karl,

Thanks for your reply. The phone Line sounds fine with no noise, and calls have not been a problem.

Highlighted

Hi

i've an engineer booked Wed 27th AM (8-1) for investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player
Ok, thanks.
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

It’s now 1pm and I haven’t seen or heard from this engineer, so that’s one wasted morning.

What now?

Highlighted

Hi ukbeachbum

It appears that there was an issue with engineer appointment, I'm really sorry about this.

I will need to re book this visit, please can you provide your availability for this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
I’m available the afternoons of June 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Can you re-book an engineer for one of these days, please.
Highlighted

Hi ukbeachbum

Thanks for your reply.

I've booked the engineer visit for 01/06 PM (1pm - 6pm) and I've checked Openreach systems twice to make sure it's all showing correctly arranged.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Debbie,

Thanks you for your quick reply and for double checking the appointment.

As for my wasted morning waiting for an engineer who never showed, do I qualify for your “Missed Appointment Compensation”?
Highlighted

Hi ukbeachbum

You're welcome 🙂 I've just had one more check of the appointment and it all looks fine.

As for my wasted morning waiting for an engineer who never showed, do I qualify for your “Missed Appointment Compensation”

Yes this should apply. Once the fault has been fixed then our Customer Service Team can discuss this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

The Open-reach engineer came today. He was very pleasant and explained what’s been effecting my speeds after running his tests, but his solution has a few pro’s - con’s I need to think about.

Basically, the absolute best speeds I can ever expect would be the “minimum guaranteed”, but in order for me to get those speeds I have to permanently disconnect the extension coming from my master socket that provides sockets for phones in both bedrooms upstairs (and an unused one in the kitchen), and then buy an all new set of wireless phones that work through the electrical sockets at a cost of £80-£100.

So, while I’ve gained knowledge as to what can be done, I’ll have to throw away some things that currently work, and buy some new things to replace them, before I can benefit.

Maybe if I get a little remuneration for the no-show appointment last week I can put that towards new phones.

Highlighted

Hi ukbeachbum

Thanks for keeping us updated.

In regards to the missed visit, this help page provides some further information About your auto compensation credit

If you’re eligible for automatic compensation, we’ll let you know via email or an SMS. Compensation will be credited to your account within 30 days of a fault being resolved, a missed appointment or your service going live if delayed by TalkTalk.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

It's now been over 30 days and I was never contacted about receiving compensation for my wasted morning waiting for an engineer who never showed, and nothing has appeared on my bill.

If you read the previous messages, I think it's obvious I'm due some kind of compensation. Can you help with this?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi

A credit of £25 has now been added for the missed appointment.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips