Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Occasional very slow speed

4 REPLIES 4
First Timer

Hi,

Looking for a bit of help as seemed to go in circles on the live chat.

Usually get at least 30meg on my fibre which is great with good service normally- every so often things go a bit odd and it slows to max 10meg (ethernet to router no other devices connected). Router restart fixes this and it is back to normal.

TalkTalk check advised possibility of fault needing engineer to fix at exchange but no need to be in house. Engineer arrived today at house needing access - he did line check at master socket which was all fine- his suggestion was try another router which seemed sensible.

After engineer leaves I get text from talktalk asking me to book an engineer appointment for house visit! To be fair to engineer he said it might take a while for job notes to be updated.

How do I arrange another router to try as per the engineer? Thanks

Community Star

This has been escalated to the support team here and they should be able to help you with this, give them a day or so to respond.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Moray123

I'm really sorry for the delay.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer
HI, Router all received and setup thanks. Broadband speed seems to be faster with new router which is good. Will monitor over next few days to see if any sudden go slows like the old router.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Moray123

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie