Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor fibre and no telephone

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Participant

For the past few months I've had a crackly telephone line and very poor internet speeds. 

I upgraded to fibre thinking this would help 

After 2 engineer visits, a new BT box, new router, new Huawei TV box , new telephone and cable I am struggling to get 16 of my promised 45mb. I have used so much mobile data just trying to contact for information and 2 lots of testing "this will only take 15mins" that I have no faith any more. Yet another engineer is coming out this time secured by online chat method.

Perhaps the cables that come up to the house are not correct for fibre. 

Would an engineer nor know that. 

A colleague of mine said that if I go consistently below my promised speed I can break my 18m contract?

I need the internet to be able to monitor my husband who has brain injury and dementia now to give me peace of mind while I am on an early shift. 

Si far this has cost me a new phone, the cost of paying for a phone line and broadband a service I have not had, data on my mobile phone.

This is so poor! As a carer I am so  annoyed right now and I really don't need it. What can be done about this. I don't want to be fobbed off with a few quid off here and there either. 

Too old to stand for any more nonsense
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jancun24

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, is the noise still present on the line? Have you tested with a corded phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line? (was the noise still present in this set up?)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant
Engineer here now. I don't have a corded phone. They're telling me my line has a hard fault at the pole
Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

Was this an Openreach engineer? Has the engineer resolved this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant
No not yet. He came again this morning. I just want things fixed. All this is difficult with my husband(dementia) around. When the latest engineer left he was good enough to call me and say he'd registered 40m on my broadband yet tonight (even though I got my telephone back which was still crackly). Since 6pm my broadband has been dropping out for periods. I was in contact with help through text and can't help but complain. They have asked me to call 03451720088 but I cannot keep holding on. I should not have to be doing this. I will have to call tomorrow again. The latest engineer has asked if I could mention that he should be called back if any problems. For continuity sake and to not keep going over the same ground with someone else. I am fed up. I just want.continuous uninterrupted fibre and a clear telephone line. I only use my phone at present and my security camera sync module which doesn't get used until the weekend.
Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

Apologies for this.

The line tests are now clear and the line is in sync at 40mb.

Is the noisy line fault still present at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant
Yes it is and the internet drops out when and after using the phone. Pages won't load when the light comes on hence me using my phone data again. Not a bottomless pit here.
Highlighted

Hi Jancun24,

Is the noise on the line as bad as it was before the engineer visit, any improvement at all? When was the last time that your notice your internet connection had dropped?

Chris

Highlighted
Participant
Oops internet dropped while I was trying to post. The noise varies between a little hissy and a lot hissy. At least I have a connection.
The internet had been dropping in and out all day for short or long periods. Last time was 2ins ago whole trying to post.
Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

Line tests are all coming back clear, is the noise present at the test socket. 

Highlighted
Participant
The noise has got better especially when I was on phone to help last night 0345 172 0088. He said my speed was below what I should be expecting though. Then we got cut off and I didn't get called back. It WAS late. I am getting confused with all the different speed checkers and the one on the talktalk website. I just would like the internet not to drop out while I'm at work so I can monitor my husband. We are not high volume users. I upgraded to fibre thinking things would get better. I checked speed this morning and it said I'm average and I cold get better. It read 11.95 down, 6.22 up, 53ms ping.
Highlighted

Hi Jancun24,

Thank you for confirming this and we'll focus on the speed and stability if the voice service is now clear. I can see from your first post that you've already tested with a different router. As the line test hasn't detected a fault would you like us to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this further? We'll just need to confirm some details first.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Ok
Highlighted
Participant
My checks through a speedchecker found in Google ate 11.5mbs and through the talktalk service checker is 13mbs
Highlighted

Hi Jancun24,

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve. I've run another line test and it's now detecting a fault so I've passed this back to Openreach for further investigation. We should receive an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything over the weekend can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks for your help. Hubby is poorly this morning having had a seizure too so all planes are out the window. I will be working this weekend so hope to hear by Monday.

regards

Jan

Highlighted
Participant
I have noticed just now that while I was in the house phone the line went really crackly and hissy and the the internet drop out. I did not there no the phone line we have van handle what I'm supposed to be paying for.
Highlighted
Participant
My router has been on and off since 5pm tonight along with crackly phone. I know I got an email from the Customer Service Team at 1230 today stating "You should be back up and running now.
Our engineer should have now resolved your service issue. Everything should be running as you'd expect. If you have any more problems with your line, please call us on 0345 172 0088 or click here for more help. "
Now I just can't go through all that again, maybe 2 sides are working for me, I just can't tell any more!
Your customer help page says the can't give me more information on my fault!
I believe it's not resolved.
I tested my speeds.
Speedchecker Android app
Ping Download Upload
11 ms 11.25 Mb/s 7.74 Mb/s
Talktalk broadband checker still says my internet is disconnecting and I'm getting 13mbs.

Your TalkTalk team
Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

Apologies for the delay.

Is this fault still present at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Screenshot_20191209_201758_com.android.chrome.jpg

Still have a bit of a hissy line. Connection broadband dropped after using phone this evening, flashing red/white.