Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router not sent still

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Participant

My wifi is due to go live tomorrow and yet its still saying too soon to send router In my account details. I currently have no WiFi, am meant to be working from home and am unable to do so. I can’t get hold of anyone on the phone and am struggling to know what to do. I can’t even go to anyone else’s to work due to the lockdown and so my only option is to be putting myself at risk by going into work (I work in a hospital). 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi, I have passed this onto the team to take a look for you. If you haven’t already, please can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so we can locate your details. Please do not post any personal info on here as it’s public.

We’re working through a very large queue with a reduced support team at the moment so we’ll help as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience 😊

Highlighted

Hi

The order to provide services has not yet completed,  

This is processing and will trigger a router order when completed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Participant

Do you know how long it is going to take to process? Is this from when my original order was put in 2 weeks ago or has it been put through again? Many thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Lauw30,

I've sent a PM to confirm some details so we can take a look what's happening for you.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Highlighted
Participant

I’ve replied to two PMs now but still not heard anything. My go live date was 7th April and I haven’t even had the router yet. I’ve just moved into a new home have no WiFi and am unable to work from home because of the lack of WiFi. I work for the nhs and am having to go into a hospital daily potentially putting myself at greater risk when I could be working from home if I just had WiFi!! Can someone please confirm it is being looked into/dealt with? I am the account holder and have replied to a PM with all my details. I have been really patient so far considering the situation but I do feel like it’s getting ridiculous now. Many thanks. 

Highlighted

Hi Lauw30

Our Order Management teams have been chasing this for you.  There was a stuck order on the BT side and they have escalated this internally within the BT teams.   BT have asked us to check back on 24th for the next update.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Did someone check back with BT on the 24th? Any updates?

Many thanks,

Laura

Highlighted

Hi Lauw30,

Sorry, no further updates yet, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check again

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Any updates? Can someone please confirm with me a likely timeframe for this to be sorted? I’ve now been in my new home for a month without WiFi and considering I put my order through before the lockdown even started I am baffled as to how this is taking so long to sort. I would really appreciate an answer that isn’t telling me to check back again in a few days/or no updates as of yet as that’s all I’ve received so far.

Many thanks,

Laura.

Highlighted

Hi Laura,

Sorry this is taking so long to resolve, I'm trying to get an update from our Order Management Team. I'll let you know when I have more information 

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Any updates?? 

Highlighted

Hi Lauw30,

Apologies for the delay. You service appears to be live now, is your router currently switched on and connected to your telephone socket?

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

I’ve still not received my router that was why I started this thread originally! To say it was the day before my go live date and yet no router had been sent and it was still saying too early to send on my account. Had one now been sent???

Highlighted

Hi Lauw30,

Apologies, I've ordered a router, it should be with you within a couple of days (probably tomorrow).

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

No router yet, is there anyway to track it? Is it coming by Royal Mail or courier? 

Highlighted

Hi

Sorry for the delay, this has been sent to our fulfilment team this afternoon.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

This is beyond a joke now, I was told my service was active and a router had been sent. I managed to get on a live chat with technical support who tell me my service hasn’t been activated as the order is “stuck” the same thing I’ve been being told for a month now and somehow despite being told multiple times it was being looked into it’s still “stuck”. Which in fact means the router request has not been processed! I was given a number to call and assured I would be able to speak to someone on the phone and I call it and it says the line is closed and then cuts me off. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and I’m baffled that you are still taking on new customers when you can’t even sort out the problems for your existing ones. If this isn’t sorted and I’m not given some actual answers other than it’s been passed along to yet another team to look at in the next few days I will be going elsewhere regardless of how long that will take to set up as this is truly ridiculous! I would also like someone to please tell me how I put I formal complaint in! What was supposed to be a exciting time moving into my first home has turned into a complete nightmare thanks to you not to mention the fact that I’ve been unable to work from home for the past month!! I’ve been incredibly patient up until now but enough is enough!!

Highlighted
Community Star

If you go to the very bottom of any TT page   click on the link that says "complaints code" for guidance,  @Lauw30 .

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Participant
Thanks, I tried this but phone lines only available for people who are preregistered as a vulnerable person (which I am not), the email address has an automatic reply saying to use phone or live chat with tech support who told me they couldn’t help and gave me a number that wasn’t even being monitored! Literally at the end of my tether here and no idea what to do now!!