cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router not sent still

Highlighted
Participant

This is beyond a joke now, I was told my service was active and a router had been sent. I managed to get on a live chat with technical support who tell me my service hasn’t been activated as the order is “stuck” the same thing I’ve been being told for a month now and somehow despite being told multiple times it was being looked into it’s still “stuck”. Which in fact means the router request has not been processed! I was given a number to call and assured I would be able to speak to someone on the phone and I call it and it says the line is closed and then cuts me off. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and I’m baffled that you are still taking on new customers when you can’t even sort out the problems for your existing ones. If this isn’t sorted and I’m not given some actual answers other than it’s been passed along to yet another team to look at in the next few days I will be going elsewhere regardless of how long that will take to set up as this is truly ridiculous! I would also like someone to please tell me how I put I formal complaint in! What was supposed to be a exciting time moving into my first home has turned into a complete nightmare thanks to you not to mention the fact that I’ve been unable to work from home for the past month!! I’ve been incredibly patient up until now but enough is enough!! Posted Saturday but no response yet....

Highlighted
Community Star

@Lauw30, it is worth your while starting the complaints process by writing in to them following the instructions:

20200510_172533.jpg

It may be a slow process, but they are duty bound to address the issues and will have to reply. Keep copies and a certificate of posting for anything you send.

The later stages are here:

20200510_172428.jpg

For clearer print, it is all in the complaints code.

Even if all is resolved and the router suddenly materialises, I think you are owed a sincere apology at the very least, and TT needs to look into where the service and processes fell far short and why.

If it reaches the stage where the CEO's office is looking into it, the forum will not be able to help you at the same time.

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry to hear about your experience and I sympathise with your frustration as we have been conversing with TalkTalk live chat teams and Customer support over the past week and are absolutely frustrated by the experience in trying to organise for an upgrade router with our new fibre package as we have the whole family at home trying to work online.  Just trying to contact them in the first place is painstaking.  I hope you get sorted.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Lauw30,

I'm really sorry about this, the router is still showing as with our fulfilment team, should be dispatched today but I'll check again later to make sure

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Tannerwells,

If you need assistance can you please start your own  thread and we'll be happy to help. Can you also update update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Was it posted?

Highlighted

Yes it was dispatched yesterday, you'll probably receive it today or tomorrow

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

I’ve just had the below email, can someone confirm what the problem is now!!?? Does this mean the router hasn’t been sent? Or am I still not going to have WiFi once I do have it?

563351A1-799B-4663-A485-51A55FE4E6C6.jpeg

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Lauw30 hi yes just new installs are facing some delays due to c19 endless staff arccoss the industry not just talktalk but bt optec who manage the equipment in the middle of the network for green box and exchange.

Oce can also might have some sort of information on the further info

To get wifi ur phone line need to be full connected to Talktalk network. So u have a phone and broadband service.

Some fiber connections can take 14 days to find the  stable profile.

The team will be able to update u soon please just wait for a oce to reply soon can be a week or more 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)