Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router restarting

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

OCE please

Hi, 

my router has been restarting virtually every 24 hours. All the stats look good and there has been improvements in speed. I did a service test on the website which detected a fault.

NB in December an openreach engineer came to my house and said definitely no issues here, but he showed me a photo of junction box on the telegraph pole which was full of ice. He said any issues will remain until this box renewed. As far as I can tell the work hasn’t been carried out. Not sure if this could impact on my router restating/ the ‘fault’. Could this be checked out please.

thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi harvi

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a possible fault with the landline service. Please can you just check if your landline is working ok? (any noise)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi

landline seems fine - no noise.

Highlighted

Hi harvi

Thanks for your reply.

I can see some re connections around 01/02 and 02/02. Do you reboot the router when you experience this issue or wait for it to re connect on its own?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I didn’t touch the router on 1/2, but did reboot it yesterday (2/2)

Highlighted

Hi harvi

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to rule out any possible issues with the router as the line tests are clear?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok thank you HG633 please

Highlighted

Hi harvi

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Okay, thank you

Highlighted
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Hi,
Well it appears DHL took my parcel/router to the local collection point, where it was ‘delivered and signed for’. When I went to collect it they had the parcel but would not give it to me as I had no collection code(because they’d signed for it!).

Anyway I’ve emailed DHL but have received no reply. Could you send another router please- preferably not via DHL?

Thanks
Highlighted

Hi harvi

Apologies for this.

Did you receive a card through the door to advise that they attempted the delivery?

We can resend the router but we can't specify which courier will deliver this.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi

I’d arranged to get it delivered to a parcel depot, then just got a text saying it had been ‘delivered’. The parcel was there. DHL have not given a collection code in spite of me asking, so they would not hand over the parcel.

the router has settled for 5 days now- may as well forget it for the time being

thanks anyway

Highlighted

OK thanks, please let us know if you need any further assistance 

Chris