cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Solid red Internet light on router.

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Could i please have an update on what is currently happening to fix my lack of internet service?  It is now day 15 of no service.  I believe Open reach have again completed tests to show it is a Talk Talk authentication issue. 

Do Talk Talk provide a mobile wifi devise when it gets to this stage so i can have internet access?   I am currently paying for a broadband internet service which i am not getting.

Community Team

Hi Simon

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team and I will post back on this thread shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Simon

Our Network Team are completing further investigations. I will post back as soon as they provide an update.

Thanks

Debbie

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

It has now been nearly 7 days since Openreach confirmed for a 2nd time that my fault is a Talk Talk authentication issue.   Still no update on what is being done to fix.  I have been without internet access for 19 days through no fault if mine.   Twice been promised a complaints manager would call me.  Both times given a set 2 hour slot for the call.  Waited at home for 3 hours each time but nobody called me.    

I have now just been charged my monthly fee for the service i don't have!!!

Community Team

Hi Simon,

Sorry this is taking so long, I've asked our network team for an update

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Simon,

Have our network team been in touch? Looking at the notes it does appear that this is an Openreach issue. 

Thanks

Chris

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Omg.  Really? Suppose kis should try turning my router on and off for the 100th time!!!  Talk Talk network department are an absolute joke and don't have  clue.   Openreach engineer can get internet access using a BT home hub and swapping to BT customer at exchange.  Openreach can get internet access with Talk talk router by patching into another talk talk customers line at the exchange! 

There is nothing up with my wires or my connection. 

Community Team

Hi Simon

Apologies that this fault is still ongoing. I can raise this as a complaint so this fault can be managed and discussed with a Complaints Manager.

Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

I have already twice had the promise of a complaints manager getting in touch . I was twice given a set 2 hour slot when they would call.  I waited home for the call but nobody bothered to get in touch.

Community Team

Hi Simon

I can escalate your complaint to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager within this team would then contact you.

Thanks

Debbie

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Yea please.  Can i request contact via my email address as i can not always answer the phone due to work.

Community Team

Hi Simon

No problem, please can you send me a Private Message with the email address.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Simon

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have escalated your complaint over to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

IMG_20190418_152159.jpg

Not sure how or who fixed it but i now have working internet!!!!  Shame it took 20 days but very happy.  

Pfred
Conversation Starter

Hi Simon

Congratulations!

Just checked mine but still down I'm afraid.

Would be very useful to know what the problem was; it might help some others of us.

Best wishes,

Peter

Pfred
Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Not sure how it was fixed.  I had an automated call from Openreach this morning saying my fibre broadband was going to be disconnected / cancelled in the next few hours.   About 4 hours later i noticed red light had gone green and all working.   

Only downside is apparently i am not entitled to the £8 a day compensation as my fault was reported before the new scheme started on 1st April.   I was told it was only applicable to new faults after 1st April.

Hope you get yours sorted soon.

Birchcroft
Wise Owl

Even if you are not eligible for automatic compensation you should still be able to claim compensation for lack of service.  When my service went down for ~4 days I requested and got compensation, all be it not much.   It might also be worth checking with ofcom if you decide you want to pursue the matter.  Meanwhile enjoy your new internet service.

Pfred
Conversation Starter

Hi Simon

If I had been asked, a while back, what level of compensation I would have thought appropriate for the failure of an ISP to provide broadband service I would have found it difficult to come up with an appropriate figure. However, Ofcom after discussion with various ISP's including TT have saved me the trouble and agreed some numbers. From Birchcroft's comments, the principle of paying compensation was established prior to the recent agreement and it seems to me that it can hardly be argued that what was agreed to be appropriate on 1 April was somehow not so on 31 March!

Press your case and contact CISAS or Ofcom if you are not satisfied.

Peter

Pfred
Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Hi, yes i would have thought i would have a couple of days on old compensation system and the days since 1st April on new £8 a day system.  Apparently this is not Talk Talk

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Sorry stupid message system keeps send as i type!! 

This is not how talk talk say it works.  I have agreed a sum of credit on my account with them but it would have been 3 times as much on new auto compensation system!   

I am happy to have got things sorted so have closed my complaint + accepted what was offered .