Community Team

Hi Dan2008,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Dan2008
Conversation Starter

Hi

A bit of a nightmare if i'm honest.

I purchased the new wifi hub and it came with a broken stand on the left hand side, so it has to be propped up to use, also the speeds after 48 hours were only reaching 32 so not sure what I can do, can this be sent back as I feel this is no good to me.

At the moment in time I have gone back to my previous router which is showing a connection speed of 48.8 after 15 hours.

I will be testing the router you sent me later today.

Thanks.

Highlighted
hosay299
Insightful One

Dan2008

Hi if it helps u can check what the speed is on the router dash board. the info is here in the tt help area.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Check-your-sync-speed/ta-p/2205409

the hub should be good as it is the laestest one with newer software on but can take 10 days to get a stable connection.

Mine new hub came a lasted a few days then the power lead died.

if u do turn of router or change router - remmber to keep it off for 30 mins as that helps keep the reconnection do it full.

Are the speed test being done on a wired connection to the router. and it could help turn off the wireless side just in case wireless device is using the bb while u do that.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Dan2008
Conversation Starter

Ok Thanks.

It's just when I unpacked the wifi hub the stand was broken on the left hand side and it doesn't clip back on, It can be propped up against the wall which isn't ideal and the speeds were considerably lower hence the reason I have packed it back up, If this can be exhanged for me for the one I have here then I'm willing to retry with that one as it clearly came broken.

I have now plugged in the test router and at this moment in time it's only showing as 16.7.

Thanks.

hosay299
Insightful One

Hi

ok but did u when u pluged the new hub in dod u do the following:

1. Keep the new router off for over 30 mins then turn it on as it is to do with the speed settings system works like that on fibre.

2. Did u keep the hub on for more that a day as the line speed system can take a while and can be better to leave it on for 10days to get the best speed.

have u looked on the router dashboard page as it should show u ur speed upto the rotuer as any thing after that like on speed test will be different.

Hub Dashbaord page

2018-11-27.pngHUB Dashboard Page

Yes u can get the the new Hub exchanged as it is damanged on delivery type thing.

i would wait for a oce to reply they should be able to sort out a new one.

Best then to send back the old one in the bag they should be with the new one. So u do not get charged for another one.

I had the HG633 router before the hub and worked fine for me on fibre bb.

Just think there could be a issue with the speed boost side as they have been offering it a lot just over the last few days to any one.

I would leave the HG633 router on for a few days then see what the speed is like.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Community Team

Hi Dan

Apologies for the delay.

Would you like me to send a replacement WiFi Hub?

Thanks

Debbie

Dan2008
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Yes please that would be perfect.

Hopefully then I can get the wifi hub sorted and installed and the speed starting to settle.

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi Dan

I can see that this router has been ordered. Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

Dan2008
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Have had the new Wifi hub for 3 weeks.

Getting atleast 1/2 disconnects a day.

We have also noticed crackling on the phone line.

We have tried different phone's, filters etc.

They did replace a cable at the local exchange a few years ago and that sorted the problem and I was wondering if it needed doing again and checked at the local box as the problem doesn't seem at home but possibly the local box?

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi Dan2008

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Noise on the line can affect the broadband connection so we have to investigate this first.

Is the noise still present if you connect a corded phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Have replaced with a new phone all good in that department.

The Wi-Fi hub has been disconnecting 3 to 5 times per day.

I have gone back to my old router which isn't as bad but still disconnecting once or twice a day.

Can another check be performed please?

Thank-You.
Community Team

Hi Dan2008

Thanks for your reply.

Is the router connected at the test socket? Have you also used a new micro filter?

Debbie

Dan2008
Conversation Starter

Have purchased a new router and still no better.

We don't have a test socket.

Can another test be checked please?

Community Team

Hi Dan2008

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed a further line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Dan2008
Conversation Starter

20190122_122922.jpg

Dan2008
Conversation Starter

This was taken a few days ago.

Yes we are getting roughly 6 disconnections each day.

Community Team

Hi Dan2008

Thank you. Is it the master socket that you use (to connect the router) or do you use an extension socket?

Debbie

Dan2008
Conversation Starter

No extension.

That's the one we have always used.

With a micro filter (have tried several new ones).

Community Team

Hi Dan2008

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you add an alternative contact number to your Community Profile, I can then raise the dropping connection fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Dan2008
Conversation Starter

Hi

Yes that's fine.

Have just updated my profile.

Thanks.