Need help?

Still getting a lower than estimated speed 6 months on

DJ_Thompson2019
First Timer
Thanks - I will.
Highlighted

Hi,

UPDATE:

The engineer said a few weeks ago that our line from the house to the exchange was fine. 

He changed the phone socket for us and our speed leapt up to 18 Meg from 3 Meg. 

Since then, our speed has been dropping dramatically, though (losing half a Meg in speed every day the last few days). 

Our Talk Talk router has been disconnecting at 3 am nearly every morning - causing the reduction in speed. 

According to our modem stats, we should be getting a speed of 15 Meg but we're only getting 4-5 at the moment. 

Thanks. 

Community Team

Thanks for the update

I've passed this back to our network team for further investigation, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Chris

I will - thanks.
Community Team
Community Team

I've taken a look at this and there's no updates yet so I'm chasing it up with our network team - I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

Thanks.
Community Team

No problem, I'll let you know when I have any more information 

Chris

Community Team

I've received an update from our network team. This has been raised to to Openreach for a non-appointed task, we should receive an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

I'll do this - thanks.
Community Team