Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN not working after house move and new contract

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
ajaxupgrades
Conversation Starter

After moving house a couple of weeks ago my VPN is now not working. New 18 month contract on the Unlimited, uncapped speeds (40/10) package using my own Fritz!box 3490. I need this to work from home and be on call.

Can this block on VPN use be lifted?

Start with the obvious, easy fixes. Save yourself embarrassment when you find out it's the microfilter that's knackered!
OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ajaxupgrades,

We don't block VPN use, what actually happens when you try to connect to your VPN? Do you get any error message?

Chris

ajaxupgrades
Conversation Starter

Ah OK. I'll try my Aruba remote access point, Sonicwall software and web portal again this evening then report back the errors. I have an older Talktalk router I can plug in temporary to see if that allows a connection too. 

Thanks for the speedy reply.

AjA

Start with the obvious, easy fixes. Save yourself embarrassment when you find out it's the microfilter that's knackered!
OCE_Chris

OK, please let us know how you get on 🙂

Chris

ajaxupgrades
Conversation Starter

No joy with the HG633.

• Web portal - {URL}’s server IP address could not be found.
  • Aruba RAP - Will not connect back to main controller
  • Sonicwall client - Failed to connect to remote site

Can I get a test with the boost to see if that opens it up? That's the only difference I can think of as it was working before at the previous address, with both routers. The Fritz!Box has a bucket load more features so is my preferred choice but this has to happen or I'll be forced to exit the contract and switch ISP. 😞

I've had to drop back to Mobile Data for connection through to work in small bursts, not really suitable but more preferential to not being able to work!

AjA

OCE_Chris
Solution

Hi ajaxupgrades,

Thanks for the information 

Can you switch your router off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on a retest - please let us know how you get on 

Chris

ajaxupgrades
Conversation Starter

@OCE_Chris I totally retract any blame I placed with Talktalk - the fault was at my end. I have a PiHole that has developed a fault and this was the issue. Time I reconfigure my whole network.

Thanks for everyone's assistance. VPN connection definitely not blocked by Talktalk.

AjA

OCE_Debbie

Hi ajaxupgrades

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help with on the Community.

Debbie