would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

What upload speed should I be getting?

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Shanemorris
Popular Poster

Hi I’ve been in fibre now for 12 months download speeds ok occasional dropouts but son tried uploading and took forever did a quick test and getting 16mb download and 0.5 upload I read somewhere I should be getting 9mb upload?

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris 

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated our profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Shanemorris
Popular Poster

Thanks done. Also getting a lot of red lights for internet on router lately.

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris,

Thanks. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault and the connection does look very unstable. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Shanemorris
Popular Poster

Thanks yes we have a master socket, the line works but has some feint crackling. 

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris

Thanks for your reply.

Noise on the line can affect the broadband connection so we have to investigate this first.

is this noise still present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Shanemorris
Popular Poster

thanks, we don't have a corded handset, today's internet connection has been particularly bad more off than on

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris

Would it be possible to test your phone on a different line to see if the line is then clear? (this will rule out any possible issues with the handset)

Thanks

Debbie

Shanemorris
Popular Poster

about the same in neighbours house 

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, did you experience the same level of noise? (this would indicate a possible fault with the cordless phone)

Please can you post a photo of your master socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Shanemorris
Popular Poster

Noise on line similar but minimal to be honest think that’s normal, have posted pics of socket, the router is connected off a wire from the top of the socket in living room this socket is in hall.3BE62954-C66B-466A-BBA6-E18FED5F37EF.jpegA1EA2AA2-0CEF-4932-809C-B41530876CDB.jpeg

Shanemorris
Popular Poster

2 leads on top of socket 1 is from the outside the other leads to the router. The one plugged in goes to upstairs phone,

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris

Thanks for posting the photos. Please can you connect the router and filter directly at the test socket (face plate removed) so we can run another line test in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

Shanemorris
Popular Poster

connected directly with filter into test socket have run speed tests and now getting max of 3mb upload same at 0.7.have tried all different combinations with different filter.

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris

Thanks for your reply.

I've run another line test which is still detecting a possible fault. I have escalated this over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris

This fault has now been passed to a BT Openreach line engineer to investigate.. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Shanemorris
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie engineer came last week and fixed the fault, we were getting 30 download and 6 upload which compares to the 15 download and 0.7 upload we were getting. All was fine butnow I’m getting a max of 5 download and 6 upload which is frustrating as can’t understand why now worse than was before?

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a further line test which is showing a possible fault. Is the router still in the same set up as when the engineer came last week? 

Is the landline service working ok?

Thanks

Debbie

Shanemorris
Popular Poster

Yes all the same and landline ok. have moved router also to master socket and still same. 

Community Team

Hi Shanemorris

Thanks for your reply.

I have escalated this fault back over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie