Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Yet again frequent WAN disconnects

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hello

Thanks for the info, We have had a drop around 10:30AM looking at the logs but that would have been approaching 3 days total sync.
Should a line drop every week for example or should it stay connected until powered off?

I am going to swap back over to the TalkTalk wifi hub as the current Dlink doesn't fully cover the house so it will drop again shortly but this is planned
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Lee

It can drop when the profile is changed by DLM.

Please let us know how the connection is with the Wifi Hub connected.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Good morning 

Unfortunately we've had a drop overnight and another within a few hours later this morning. That was with the WiFi hub connected into the FTTC MK3 so I have removed the faceplate again and reconnected using the ADSL filter to the test socket. 

I will see how this goes and if it drops again will return to using the TalkTalk DLink router to try pinpoint it being either the router and/or filtered faceplate

Highlighted

Hi Lee

Apologies for this.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello

Sorry for the delay, I have been testing multiple configurations to try eliminate what could be at fault, The older Dlink TalkTalk router connected directly into the FTTC faceplate so far has given the longest WAN/Sync time of 7 days so I have now swapped back to the Wifi Hub and if I have any issues this should then confirm it being the Hub (Unless the changes made by the BT engineer are also assisting!)

Highlighted

Hi Lee

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Hows the connection been with the WiFi Hub connected?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Sorry for the delay,The connection is definitely more stable with the older D Link router than with the WIFI Hub that being said it does still drop with the D Link typically around 7-6days whereas the Wifi hub is usually 2-3 days.

Would it be possible to have a replacement/test Wifi Hub sent out to test further?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Highlighted

Hi Lee,

I've order another wifi hub to test with and a returns bag to send the old one back in. You should receive the router within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Great thanks for the update
Highlighted

Hi ParkerP

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie