Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youtube keeps buffering...a LOT!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I'm on a faster fibre package and have done frequent internet speed tests and I have been happy with all the results (averaging 35+mbs down and around 9mbs up).
Then when viewing YouTube videos AT ANY QUALITY - the video will definitely start buffering at least once every time. Sometimes the buffering is so frequent that the video becomes simply unwatchable. Clearly download speed or even quality of video resolution is NOT the cause so I am scratching my head over this. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi justaguy,

I'm sorry to hear this. Does this happen when connected wired and wireless?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I did a test this morning because I have both a wired and wireless connection. First I tried wireless with some popular (x factor etc) videos no buffering, then I tried same with wired connection and again no buffering over the three test videos. These first tests were all done BEFORE I logged into one of my Google accounts. I tried again after logging in and in BOTH scenarios I started to get buffering once again.
I tend to play pro-conservative videos but once I am logged in it doesn't matter what type of video I try and play because any and all categories give me buffering issues once I am logged in.

I am genuinely at a loss though to explain this.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi justaguy,

Thanks for confirming. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats also look ok. Do you have any other applications running at the same time when the buffering occurs?

Thanks