Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

fibre

6 REPLIES 6
margaret102
First Timer

we have trdouble with our internet buffers a lot .I spoke to openreach guy who was installing  a cable next door He said ours is an old single cable no good with fibre said it needs changing to a double cable why are talk talk charging for fibrewhen cable is useless we wre not getting what we pay for

martswain
Philosopher

Exactly what service do you have from TT ?

If it's FTTC then it comes over the phone line, which is and always has been just two wires.

The engineer next door could have been installing something completely different.

Martin
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi margaret102

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault towards the property.

Is your router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

margaret102
First Timer
yes at master socket an engineer came next door and said our cable is not right for fibre as it's a single cable
martswain
Philosopher

If you have a service, however bad it might be, you do not need a "double" cable, no broadband service needs that.

Martin
margaret102
First Timer
I was told this by an engineer from openreach who was installing cable to next doors house he was up a ladder next to my window .I thought there was something wrong I asked him was he fixing it as I'd had problems. He said no he was installing next doors
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi margaret,

Apologies for the delay. I've re-run the line test which is now clear and the sync speed also looks ok. Can I just confirm, are you connected wired or wireless when you experience the buffering?

Thanks