Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

router not showing system log data and live test issue

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

So to make it short, I have run a live test and it keep saying "we suspect an issue with your broadband" and at the same time my router isnt showing any data on "system logs". 

So does that means i have problem with my router? 

two weeks ago I lost internet completely and next day a Bt openreach engineer came and said it was cut off by accident and its now been fixed. We have broadband back but every now and then our internet will be disconnected and will take few minutes to reconnect. (this been happening for a longer than a year but we didnt pay much attention to it in the past).  Should I pay more attention to this problem too? 

the following is my router information. 

Product type: HG633
Device ID: 00E0FC-C4R8W17509006806
Hardware version: H.1.01
Software version: v2.00t
Thank you for anyone's attention. 
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @chuey ,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi chuey,

Line test is passing but I can see that your connection has been dropping. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi. If the phone rings my broadband will be disconnected. There is no problem with the phone line, no noise and we hardly used the landline too. 

Do you think there is problem with my router? I did have it for a over a year now or longer. 

Thanks for your attention 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @chuey ,

If you need to use Microfilters (i.e. if your master phone socket only has one single socket), then can you confirm that you have a Microfilter in EVERY phone socket in the house that is in use. If you are not using a Microfilter in EVERY socket, or if a Microfilter has become faulty then that could cause a problem like this.

Highlighted
Repeat Guest
Hi. Yes we do have a single socket phone point and is using a microfilter. Will get a new one asap and see if it inproves.

Also there is two other phone point but not in used so I assume we don't need microfilter for them.

Will update you once I get a new filter. Thanks
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @chuey ,

If the extension sockets are not in use and have nothing plugged into them then that is fine, you don't need to have a Microfilter in those sockets.

If you do have another Microfilter you could try in the master socket then that would certainly be a good thing to test. When TalkTalk send out a router it tends to have 2 Microfilters in the box, so don't know if you might have a spare one in there.

There could be other things causing the problem, so it might not be the Microfilter, but trying a different one is certainly a good stating point for troubleshooting the problem.

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi. I have changed the micro filter and did a line test and it still come up as " we suspect an issue with your broadband". 

My router still not showing me any system logs. What should I do next?  😞  Also I did several speed test and my broadband download speed drop from 70mb to 10-16mb? ?? ? How Did that happened as I am paying for fibre broadband? 

Highlighted

Hi chuey,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test now which is still clear.  Does the broadband connection still drop when you use the phone/receive a call? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi. The BT openreach engineer have restored my internet and uses the test socket few weeks back and said there wasnt anything wrong with it.

I did a speed test and its slightly better at around 25-35mb but its still not what I used to get at 70mb. 

I was using a TP Link passthrough powerline because my pc wifi adapter used to be quite bad at connecting but I tried switching that off yesterday and gone back to wifi instead. Turn out the speed is better and I can see the system log again on my router. 

The phone rang today and it didnt disconnect the internet for a change. 

I dont know what else I could try now to get my speed back or is this the norm as due to lock down more homeoffice sharing the bandwidth? 

Thanks for your attention. 

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Se below of whats happened earlier. Disconnected and took forever to reconnect. Why is that? 

18:37:29 09/10/2020SystemNoticeDSL connection is inactive.
18:37:03 09/10/2020SystemNoticeDSL connection is inactive.
18:36:56 09/10/2020SystemNoticeWAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
18:36:56 09/10/2020SystemNoticeDSL connection is inactive.
18:35:21 09/10/2020SystemNoticeWAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 connected
18:34:51 09/10/2020SystemNoticeDSL connection is active.
18:32:52 09/10/2020SystemNoticeDSL connection is inactive.
18:29:53 09/10/2020SystemNoticeDSL connection is inactive.
18:29:47 09/10/2020SystemNoticeWAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
18:29:47 09/10/2020SystemNoticeDSL connection is inactive.
Highlighted

Hi chuey,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test now which is clear and the sync speed looks good. Could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speed again as this will reset the current session. Are you also running the speed tests wired?

Thanks

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Thank You. I have switched off the router for 30 min and restart it. The speed test is run wireless and the speed so far is between 45-55mb . So hopefully it will all be fine. Just need to see if We get disconnected again . Last night we were disconnected for over 10 minutes. Do you think a new router would help? 

Highlighted

Hi chuey,

Thanks for the update. Can I just confirm, when you lost connection last night did any of the lights change on the router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Sorry that I replied late. Was trying to take a few days to find out if anything wrong. 

So far according to my teenage son, there wasnt as many disconnection as usual. And the speed test seems to be more stable so hopefully its all better now. 

Will update if you we experience bad connection again.

Thanks x 

Highlighted

Hi chuey,

Glad to hear that you've seen an improvement, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris