cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

slow connection

6 REPLIES 6
First Timer

I have been without a reliable internet connection for over thre weeks. Broadband restored yesterday remotely, problem with router apparently. Now all up and working but download and up loads exremely low, 6 mp per whotsis down and 2 up. I have shut down the router (SAGEMCOM and fast fibre) for over an hour as per advice but no difference. I'm paying for 30 to 40 connection but not getting anything like that. I'd tear my hair but I can't, not much left! Any advice gratefully received. Please reply to {email removed for privacy reasons}  TT email will not allow me to add another email address!!!!!

Old fogie
Community Star

Hi @George112,

Are you doing the speed test from a wired or wireless device, it is always best to do them from a wired device to get accurate results.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

First Timer

Thanks for getting back! I have connected both ways wifi and now ethernet botha are the same extremely low download and upload. I still belive the router to be the problem. I was informed that it was a roiuter problem which is why Talk talk were eventually able to get it working remotely. The engineer that called last week said there was a external line problem and he couldn't do anything to help as it was for Open Reach to repair, I heard nothing until the day before yesterday when a friend spoke to Talktalk technical (I'm pretty deaf) and the put right the router but it oprates far too slowly.

Old fogie
First Timer

Just tried to log on today and my email is not recognised. Internet only restored a couple of days ago, now problems again on top of very slow connections. I'm really fed up with talktalk. Just tried to sort the problen on chat and because I stated that the service was rubbish I was accused of being abusive and I was cut off. As soon as it is possible I am going to change my provider I really am disgusted at the very poor service available. My email works using the email address I have used for years but talktalk system doesn't recognise it, Atrocious service! Talk talk maybe among the cheapest but I will be happy to pay more for reliabilty.

Old fogie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi George,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a possible fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? As soon as we have confirmed this then we can escalate this straight over to Openreach for investigation.

Thanks

First Timer

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your attention.  the telephone line appears to be ok, but I'm not using the phone all that much, so the real answer is I don't know. I was assured the other day that broadband line was fixed and the problem lay with the router which was fixed remotely by TalkTalk, it does not appear to have dropped since but the speeds are very low at under 6 mps down and around 2 up. There does seem to be however, severe pixillation and sound disturbance quite often. I still have difficulty in logging in to my account and your helpful chat line member was not very helpful at all, cuutting me of for being abusive when I called TalTalk service "rubbish".

Kind Regards George

Old fogie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi George,

Thanks for confirming this. As the line test has detected a possible external line fault I've passed this straight over to Openreach now for an external line investigation. If you don't hear anymore by Thursday then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks