cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Account switching after upgrade

Terry3333
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

So I had fttc talktalk fibre 250 fitted on 17/02/23 and then fttp went live on my street so called up talktalk and got upgraded and switched to a 12 month fttp fibre 900 contract and it was installed 23/03/23… had an email saying it’s all live etc and indeed we have been using it since 23/03/23 yet my online account still shows fibre 250 and I have just received another bill for fibre 250 !! I have had numerous chats with advisers / customer services who tell me it will be escalated, yet not much changes.

Concerns:

I don’t want to be charged for both services.

I would like to log in to my account and check details of the fibre 900 etc

My fibre 250 was an 18 month contract for £43 and the fibre 900 was setup for 12 months at £42

Can anyone offer any info as to why the delay ?

Terry

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Well to be honest, I really don’t know what to say.

Thanks for trying to help.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

All I can advise is that I cannot see any FTTP account under your address in our billing system, so currently you are being charged for the Gfast service and that account has no indication of a cancellation going through. I will ask our provisioning team to look into this. 

Message 3 of 12

Also…

one adviser said he could see my

FTTP Fibre 900

on my account 

and proceeded to correctly tell me it was for 12 months and at £42 mnth 

so it is in there somewhere 🤷🏻‍

btw, I have the chat transcripts for pretty much everything above.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Also I have since been through multiple advisers who assured me the fibre 250 would be cancelled.

I then got one adviser “Simone”  said I needed to use the “CA Bot” in chat to cancel the fibre 250, which I did on 27/03/23

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Well, the sales person I spoke to after being passed around assured me that my fibre 250 and telephone line would both be cancelled on connection day of my fttp fibre 900.

she also emailed me through my contract documents which I received and she then went on to read through some points to which I had to answer. 

Main point was obviously I wouldn’t take out fttp and leave another service in place.

Something is amiss here as my fttp service is up and running at over 900mbps up and down and I had a confirmation email saying it was live and I would receive another email when it was viewable in the “my account” area online.

regarding the fttp reference … would you like me to post that here ? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Thank you.  When you upgraded did you get an Order reference,  there is no indication in our systems that any upgrade happened from Gfast to FTTP,  which I didn't think that was possible without cancelling Gfast first. 

Message 7 of 12

Hey Arne,

I have relied to the PM 

Thanks 

Terry 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Hi @Terry3333 

I can look into this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

jotoho1
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Like you say Terry. the service is OK, it's just let down by bad administration.

I started off years ago, with the old Toucan  that was then taken over by Tiscali, then in turn Talk Talk.

Every time I email the TT Help, it seems like someone in a far away country, is clearing their complaints desk before the end of a shift by giving assurances of contact by a manager within 72 hours. I have even been given specific time frames, but alas neither email or phone call. Email again & same 72 hour period mentioned, & yet again nothing.

Feeling like an Oozlum bird . Hope I don't meet it's terrible fate !

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hey Tony,

it kinda seems like that right ?

Even though, every advisor seems to be all for helping sort it out, but it seems to stop and go nowhere after that.

The fact that even after explaining multiple times what’s happening (or not) some even ask am I wanting to upgrade to full fibre 😕 

“Noooooo… I already have your FULL FIBRE……..”

At this rate I’ve decided I will be leaving after my 12 months is up as I am lucky that my service is up and running, but what if I had a problem with it ? Would it also come to a dead end !

With regards the service itself… I can’t really fault it, the install was great but then again that was performed by City Fibre engineers I believe. The fibre 900 is indeed above 900mbps, and is reliable, but that’s to be expected from any full fibre nowadays.

But this lack of completion of account / package swap details on my account leaves me feeling like there is a lack of something somewhere here, after all I only upgraded I didn’t move providers.

Let’s see what happens next.

0 Likes

jotoho1
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Do you ever feel like no one is listening Terry ?

We seem to be in the same boat.

Posted complaint letter to Salford-not even an acknowledgement!

Like you, assurances from TT Help by email ,that a MANAGER would be in touch on a certain day, within a certain time band, but Zilch !

Don't hold your breath mate !

Tony