cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Not able to connect phone via the supplied DVA

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

I had Fibre 150 installed on Tuesday and the internet connection and speeds are fine.  I have not been able to use my phone via the DVA as the phone light on the DVA remains off no matter what I have tried.  I have powered down the network for over 30 minutes, still no phone light.  I have connected the DVA directly to the ONT and when the the internet light on the DVA illuminated I carried out a factory reset of the DVA, still no phone light.  Is there anything further I can do to resolve this to use the phone VIOP provision?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hi

That's great news, glad it is working now, and the Fibre Team was able to assist.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 29

Michelle,

The replacement DVA arrived on Tuesday.  I connected this as per instructions to the online Eero 6 using a standard BT wired telephone.  After 20 minutes I had all three blue lights illuminated solid on the DVA and could make and receive VIOP calls.  I then connected my Panasonic wireless phone and base to the DVA and this also worked satisfactorily.  I then removed the Eero and connected the Fibre connection into the Sagemcom Wifi Hub 1 and the DVA into an Ethernet port on the Wifi Hub and this works satisfactorily.  The Fibre 150 VOIP is now working OK and the original issue resolved.  The future fibre team technical assistance was  very good. 

Dave

0 Likes

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 29

Update today is that the replacement DVA has not yet arrived.  Further update from me on 25 April. 

Dave

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29
0 Likes

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 29

Afternoon Michelle,

Will do.

Dave

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 29

Hello Chris,

I was contacted by the Future Fibre Team this pm and they are sending me out a replacement DVA to see whether this can resolve the issue.  They have also provided some advice on connecting the DVA when it arrives and to try another phone as well to try to establish registration.   I will provide a further update on Friday 21st.

Regards Dave

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

I'm sorry for the delay. We have chased this up but still waiting for a response. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 29

Good morning Michelle,

No, I have not been contacted since my last post.  I have retried all of the suggested solutions in the various posts below and still have no telephone light on the DVA and no VOIP.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, have you been contacted since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 29

Hi Chris,

Good morning, have you received an update from the Future Fibre team?

Dave

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

OK thanks Dave, (the wifi hub 2, the one with the telephone port, is the FAST5464). I'll ask our Future Fibre team to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive and update or they may contact you directly 

Chris

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 29

Chris, It is a Sagemcom FAST5364 but does not have a telephone port.  It has 4 ethernet ports, 1 WAN port and 1 Broadband port  which used to connect to the wired telephone socket before the fibre connection was completed.

Dave

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Thanks Dave, which Sagemcom do you have, do you have the one with the telephone port (the port may be covered with a green sticker)?

Chris

0 Likes

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 29

Chris,

I have both the eero and the Sagecom.   For initial set up I have used the eero direct into the ONT with the DVA also into the eero.  The Sagecom was not connected.  When I can get the phone working I would like to revert to using the Sagecom as it has 4 ethernet ports rather than the 2 available on the eero.  Is this possible?

Dave

0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

No problem. Just to confirm, you do have the eero router and not the Sagemcom?

Chris

0 Likes

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 29

Thanks for that Chris, the help is appreciated. 

Dave

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

OK thanks for trying that Dave, I'll pass it over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

DaveEG
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 29

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for your help.

I have tried the DVA direct to the ONT with a DVA reset and still have no telephone light on.

Dave

0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

Hi Dave,

Can you try the following plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes