cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Awful customer service

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 35

Internet has been down since yesterday lunchtime due to incompetent Openreach employee working on a fault at another property.

Reported via your useless website and just got the standard "it's broken" response, stating 2-3 days for BT to fix their own problem.

Tried contacting TT today via the chat.

Sat for 15 mins waiting for an expert to just start the chat but nothing.

No response to any of my messages.

WFH so a 2-3 day downtime is not acceptable, based on it being Openreach's fault in the first place!

The only info I have is that they are looking into the problem but this has not been updated since yesterday afternoon.

It seems as though TT has no regard for paying customers and is happy to just let them struggle with a lack of support.

Customer Service is non-existent and almost impossible to reach unless you are planning to leave when suddenly, you get a UK based person on the line!!

Guess that you get what you pay for so might be time to look elsewhere.

How do I get an up to date, real response and solution to this issue?

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi Hackedoff27

I have asked the Auto compensation team to investigate again.

Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

Regards

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 35

Apologies. It says that you are a customer so did not realise that you work for TT!

Would be easier to talk to customer service than have to do this dance every time!

If it takes up to a month, why have I already received an email saying that I'm not entitled to compensation? As usual, the email gives no details.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

I'll re-escalate this thread, @Hackedoff27, but as advised, for queries re compensation, please start a new topic in the billing section of the forum. 

If it is to be applied, it will take up to a month after resolution of the issue to be applied. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 35

Please advise on my request to reopen my complaint, raised on Friday?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

Staff will respond after the weekend. 

Compensation would normally take up to a month to sort out after resolution of the issue.

If you post afresh in the billing section, Arne will check what's going on next week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 35

Please reopen my complaint and have someone from the customer service team call me to explain what is going on?

0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 35

Just received a stock email saying that apparently I'm not entitled to compensation for having no Internet for 8 days due to OR and TT incompetence.

No explanation so just about sums up your business!!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

Hi

I'm glad to hear the speed has increased, thanks for letting us know.

Apologies again for the issues you experienced. 

0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 35

The router has been powered down and now seems to be working close to the stated speed but assuming that OR don't mess it up again,  guess only time will tell.

As the Engineer said, "you seem to get a lot of issues down here"!

Whilst my opinion of TT has not changed, I appreciate the individuals efforts to try to sort this out.

Message 10 of 35

HI 

The connection should start to settle down now the fault has been fixed.

As ferguson has also suggested, it would be worth powering down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will start a new session and will often increase the throughput speeds.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

If the router has had no connection for a few days it may be worth switching it off for a full 30 minutes to allow previous sessions to clear before turning it back on again,. Let us know if that helps to settle the connection down. Is the phoneline now working OK? 

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 35

So 8 days after reporting this issue, Openreach came out and have finally fixed the Internet connection.

Surprise surprise, the guy said exactly what I knew from day one, which was that the previous engineer had buggered up the connection and had basically connected us to someone else's internet!!

Back up the original pole, quick check and rewire, job done!!

Current connection is all over the place and keeps dropping out and changing speed etc!! Hopefully it will  get better but probably not!!

What a total waste of time and energy, when the solution was obvious from day 1 but no-one was willing to actually make it happen!

Wonder how long it will last?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Hi

I will feed this back to our faults escalation team, I'm really sorry about this.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 35

I didn't have any voice mails yesterday!!

In the end I had to contact via the msg service that they contacted me on on Saturday to advise that nothing had changed.

Took 30 mins for someone new to check back on the whole saga but eventually have an engineer coming out today.

8 days without a service could have been avoided if TT had done this straight away but have little faith that they will resolve it!!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Hi

I'm so sorry to hear this.

My colleague advised that they did attempt to contact you yesterday, did you receive a voicemail?

They also said they would try and make contact again yesterday evening. Did you receive any calls last night?

0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 35

New router has arrived.

Same as old one and still have no Internet!!

Nothing from your so called customer service team either!

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

Hi

I'm really sorry about this.

I've just contacted the team now and asked them to make contact with you as soon as possible.

0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 35

Had a call from someone on Friday. Said they would call back yesterday.... nothing but not surprised!

Also had various text messages but they don't really identify who they are or what dept they work for so could have been them as well. 

There does not appear to be any sort of joined up approach to this.

Now received email from Evri saying router won't be delivered until Wed and I still don't think that it will make any difference!

If it was the router, shouldn't the phone line still work?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Has my colleague from the faults escalations team been in contact with you?

0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 35

Just in case anyone is interested.......

Day 6 in the house that TT has forsaken and still no Internet!

Multiple calls, texts, emails and still no Internet!

Msgs saying an engineer has been out to fix it but still no Internet!

Msgs from Overreach asking if they have fixed it but still no internet!

Told it has been fixed but still no Internet, or phone or doorbell or netflix for the kids!!

Told it must be the router even though it was fine until Overreach cocked it up.

New one supposedly sent but just been told there was a "delay" and another will be sent. No date, no real comms and still no bloody Internet!!!

Absolute joke of a company but you already know that.

0 Likes