FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boring old broadband speeds

winchester221
Participant
Message 13 of 13

I have for months now been fobbed of with low fibre speeds been given all sorts of this and that to try, suffering with 21 mbps or less download speeds, all the tests on the Talktalk website shows problems and nothing seems to change, I have been with Talktalk since they started and maybe I should start looking around at another provider.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi winchester221

Apologies for the confusion.

I've ordered the replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 13

You need to confirm that you want to try one.

It's usually received within 48 hours but can take up to 5 working days,  @winchester221.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

winchester221
Participant
Message 3 of 13

Hi, do you have any idea when the test router will appear ?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Morning,

Ok. Have you ever tested with a different router? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

winchester221
Participant
Message 5 of 13

Hi, I have left my modem plug into the test socket all day and night, I had a reply that the tests were ok, when I run them on talktalk's web site it says I have a problem ? and it cant carry on with the tests and now the speed checker shows 17Mbps !!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi winchester221,

Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

winchester221
Participant
Message 7 of 13

Hi, I am supposed to get between 47 to 58  instead 22,  I am only a stone throw from the exchange, so that’s not a problem

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hello,

Would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket and we can run another line test just to rule this out please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi so why not, please, follow the suggestion from Michelle and try the test socket?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

winchester221
Participant
Message 10 of 13

Hi, I have a open reach face plates on my phone lines which were check recently found to be okay, perhaps another modem may solve the problem has it appears to drop out from time to time going from a white light to an orange even over night when nothing is running, even the talktalk broadband speed tester comes up with an error every time I try it.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault towards the property. Does your main socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone directly at the test socket so we can re-run the line test in this set up please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @winchester221 what are you guaranteed? Your post has been escalated. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes