cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband Broken... Again - Fibre35

DarrenJackson1
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

From the past 15 months I have now had about 11 months of total disruption... which has started again. Line Stats follow. Please fix. I'm bored of broken broadband it's just ridiculous. Should be 12Mbps up and 1Mbps down - currently not useable at this speed, nothing works, just times out.

DSL synchronization status: Up
Connection status: Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 154
Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 6399
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 557
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 13294
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 31.2
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 16.1
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Darren,

I've booked the appointment for - March 21 2024, AM  - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk - the fault is on Openreach infrastructure... it *always* is and if you look back at the history on this one that will be apparent. Everytime Openreach come out to fix one fault they inadvertantly break something else because the infrastructure is not fit for purpose. It's therefore safe to say there will be no Engineer Charges due. Availability anytime except Thursday pm & Friday am.

The irony that 10 minutes ago I recieve a price increase notification and how TalkTalk are investing in the infrastructure... err... this has done nothing for me and yet I have to fight on price and fight on compensation - just to stand any chance of maintaining a rubbish service. It's just ridiculous isn't it?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

OK, if you'd like me to book the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk - Openreach are back in the village again working on a neighbour's connection, that'll be their third day on that particular fault... can you see how rubbish the infrastructure is? Openreach will need a seperate call / ticket to fix mine... so if you could ask them to investigate please. Thanks... 5th day with degraded / unstable service... working tethered off my phone again. 10 months last year poor service and a month ago in mid-February it was broken. Now... broken again... it's just not fit for purpose is it?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Darren,

As you have no voice service I'll need to arrange an engineer visit to your home. If you'd like me to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk 

Firmware hasn't updated - still at v1.10t

Voice line still dead.

Broadband at 3,399 down & 800 up (should be 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up).

Connection also resyncs dropping off.

Openreach were in the village last Thursday, Saturday and today.

Infrastructure is not fit for purpose. Please let me know what's going on. Next week I'll be onto cancellations to waive fees and get out because this service level is a joke... and too stressful.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

OK, I'll start the update now, please don't switch off you router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk yes please. Now is fine to update. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Darren,

Is it OK to update the firmware now, it can take up to 10 minutes to complete?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk could the router firmware be upgraded please... it seems to have reverted to an old version 1.10t. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk  - yes, the voice line is also dead. The infrastructure is not fit for purpose. Openreach are here most weeks. They fix one, break one.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Darren,

So just to confirm, the landline is completely dead, there's no dial tone? Is it the same with just the telephone connected directly to the test socket? Do you have a second telephone that you can test with?

Regarding leaving, you would need to discuss this with our Loyalty team. Contact details can be found in the link provided by Gliwmaeden2

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk - yes please the voice line is also dead. Also see my other message on this thread about waiving cancellation fees in the event I decide to cancel within the next few weeks because we cannot continue with these distuptions when the infrastructure is clearly not fit for purpose. I have outlined this in my above message... please investigate and escalate and come back to me on private message.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Darren,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is picking up a potential fault, would you like me to log this out to Openreach for further investigation? If I do then Openreach will investigate and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

@DarrenJackson1, Talktalk won't contact you about leaving, and cancellations cannot be done through the forum. 

All the information you need is in this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

If you use Chat, they will have to follow up with a phone call, as they themselves are not authorised to process the cancellation. 

It must be done over the phone.

Phone lines are next open from 9am Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

DarrenJackson1
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Please contact me to discuss cancellation options, understanding that my expectation is TalkTalk waive all cancellation fees on the grounds that for the past 15 months the service has only been acceptable for around 3 months of that. I have spent a very considerable time chasing faults; there have been countless Openreach Engineer visits (at least 5 just to my address and probably 70+ in the village - they are here every week, seriously) and continual disruption has meant finding other means and locations to continue my employment which has been very stressful. The infrastructure is not fit for purpose, a message that multiple Openreach Engineers admit and repeat - therefore TalkTalk should not be offering a service that they cannot guarantee to deliver. My neighbours have similar recurring issues and are moving to alternate technologies for internet access. Just have a search in the community forum and you will soon see the time and effort expended on this - it's ridiculous!

Line stats now...

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 299 <<< This should be 1Mbps - currently 30% capacity
Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 4200 <<< This should be 12Mbps - currently 34% capacity

Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 416
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 5616
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 8.6
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 8.1

0 Likes